Fisher KX-100 question

jbpollock

My dad has offered to give me a Fisher KX-100 amplifier. Only problem is that one of the channels doesn't work. He seems to think it is one of the output transformers. Any opinions on if this is worth fixing? If so, where could I start looking for the parts?

Last edited:
I have a single output transformer for a KX100 if you need it. I replaced a both transformers in one not long ago with a set I had because one was blown so I ended up with one good transformer.

Craig

I can't keep those models straight. Is that the 7591 unit, maybe the kit version of a ????

I have a Fisher integrated 7591, but I forget the model number. It sounded nice back when I first got it (gave someone $60 to find me something at the Dayton Hamvention, and that's what he came back with!). I still have that thing gathering dust in the basement...

Tubino

jbpollock said:
My dad has offered to give me a Fisher KX-100 amplifier. Only problem is that one of the channels doesn't work. He seems to think it is one of the output transformers. Any opinions on if this is worth fixing? If so, where could I start looking for the parts?

First, I'd definitely scarf it up!! Don't let it slip away, or worse, end up in the dumpster. Because...

You've got a very good chance it's something much simpler than an output transformer. I've gotten some very good deals on Fisher gear because only one channel worked. In one case, a very pretty 500C with one dead channel. Cleaned the switches and bingo, beautiful music. Check the tubes, clean the tube sockets using contact cleaner, clean the the switches & controls, and you might get lucky.

If it is the tranny, I would definitely buy the one from Craig. Parts units don't come up all that often on ebay.

Good luck with it!
Clay

Back
Top Bottom