Five Favorite Science Fiction Movies - Mine and Yours

It's probably the one (out of all those mentioned in this thread) that I've seen the most. Maybe five or six times so far! My home screen is just a 65" HD and I'd love to see this movie on an even larger screen in 4K.

Does Attack of the Killer Donuts count as scifi? <G>

2cf140a94f.jpg

Stumbled across this lil gem the other day. I laughted, I cried, I damn near shat myself ... ;-}

Blade Runner
Wall-E
Alien
Westworld
Soylent Green

Honorable Mention: Metropolis

Soylent Green.....damn,I haven't thought about that movie since high school!!

The reason I asked about Rocky Horror is because most of my favourite movies are mentioned in the lyrics:)

Does Omega Man count as sci-fi?

Added to Watch List:

'District 9'
'Attack of the Killer Donuts'

From IMDB user reviews:
"The best movie about murderous pastries you will see all year!"

I'm going with my initial thought for my fifth favorite SF flick which I didn't include in my fifth spot OP choices. This two movie saga tells the tale of Spock's heroic death and miraculous resurrection: The Wrath of Kahn and The Search for Spock.

In no particular order.
Frequently Asked Questions About Time Travel (great little comedy SF Film)
The Last Starfighter
Man From Earth (If you haven't seen it do yourself the favour. Absolutely riveting film the takes place entirely in a mountain cabin with a bunch of characters doing nothing but talking. One of the best sci-fi films I've ever seen. )
The Matrix
Blade Runner

1. King Kong (1933)
2. Alien
3. War of the Worlds (1953)
4. Signs
5. Star Wars (original, episode IV)/2001; A Space Odyssey/Godzilla (original)/Beast From 20,000 Fathoms

Disaster/End of the World flicks top 5.
The Day the Earth Caught Fire.
When Worlds Collide.
Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea.
Crack in the World.
War of the Worlds.
Other flicks to mention- Day of the Triffids, Quatermass and the Pit/ Five Million Years to Earth, The Andromeda Strain, The Trollenberg Terror/ the Crawling Eye, On the Beach, Independence Day.

Just watched the trailer for AOTKD. So bad it looked good. Still looked better than the Oscars.

The Omega Man does count as SciFi. Another version of the Robert Matheson "I Am Legend". "Last Man on Earth" 1964 with Vincent Price, "I Am Legend" 2007 Will Smith. And SOYLENT GREEN IS MADE WITH PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!. Still a good flick. Based on Harry Harrison's Make Room Make Room story.

Back
Top Bottom