For the asking... 257 LPs, 1 turntable and speakers I don't need.

AudioLancelot

Omniscientist
I had to go into work yesterday ...tiger stripping problem in stove elements ... new job...I am a Metallurgist... the result ended in Saturday being shot getting to the root cause of the problem all day.

Anyway on the way to work I stopped at a lawn sale. It was put on by 2 girls about 25 to 30 years old. I asked if they had any records or stereo equipment and the one said she did but at her home. She gave me her address and phone number. I phoned her this morning and yes she said come on over.

She owns a house and is a single mom ..2 girls 5 and 7.

I suspect the treasure is the LPs. In all there were 257....all in excellent condition! Now she evidently inhereited these records from her parents but she could tell me about everyone.

Then began the bargaining. I offered her $20 for all the LPs and that was no problem. Now she had a Toshiba SRF-770 direct drive turntable and you had to take that as well....or no deal..no use to her ...I already have 4 turntables. She wanted $40 for it and we stalled there. She gave me a coffee and we talked some more. We finally agreed on $10 for the turntable ...after an hour of chatting about everything.

The taste I suspect is quality classic rock, blues, soul and country rock. The only one I have listened to so far is Rattle and Hum by U2

There are 4 or 5 LPs each for the following and I suspect you guys know the albums anyways. The following few will sort of give you an idea what I obtained.

Stones
J.J. Cale
David Allan Coe
Bill Clint
The Charlie Daniels Band
The Time
China Crisis
David Lee Roth
James Brown
Savoy Brown
Glenn Frey
Rush
Simple Minds
Ricky Van Shelton
John Prine
Roy Buchanan
Bob Dylan
T. B. Sheets
Catfish Hodge Band
David Bromberg
Hank Williams Jr.
The Blues Band
Stevie Ray Vaughan
George Thorogood
Smokey Wilson
Lynyrd Skynyrd

to name a few.

I also got a pair of Altec Lansing Model 3 speakers for $5. The woofer surrounds are gone...I only want the Altec Lansing ensignias that are attached to the speaker covering. The model 3 looks to be a smaller version of my Altec Lansing Sevens.

Dennis

Dennis,

Fine score! But, you're killing me about the Altec Model 3's!! The first pair of "real hi-fi speakers" I ever had. Here's what my new pair, bought a couple of years ago, look like:

altec_model_3_01.jpg

altec_model_3_02.jpg

I sure think they sound pretty darn good, too! Well worth refoaming, if the rest is in good shape!

:p: :p:

Altec Model 3s

AudioLancelot -

I will take the 3s off of your hands (Sans Grilles) for the right price! I have a blown 10" woof in mine and can't find a replacement.

James Brown and Stevie Ray LPs 2! What kind of shape are they in?

The James Brown Records are

James Brown "Showtime" ... Mercury/Smash Records...I would say without playing it, no scratches etc....looks very very good for its age ...appears to be an older kind of vinyl ...however the LP is monaural

James Brown "At the Organ - Handful of Soul" Smash Records ...again looks like it has an absense of scratches etc. again monaural

James Brown "The James Brown Medley- James Brown" ..limited edition 12" single ... 1986 Polygram records...would call the quality excellent/mint.
Side 1 has

Get on the Good Foot
I got ants in my pants and I want to dance
Get up I feel like a sex machine
Get up off a that thing
It's a man's man's mans world
Make it funky
My thang
Sould Power
Funky President
Say it loud, I'm black and I'm proud
Give it up and turn it loose
Honky Tonk

Side 2 has 3 extended versions of

I got you (I feel good)
Get up i feel like a sex machine
It's a man's man's mans world

I am not in a hurray to part with the Stevie Ray Lps/

Thoots has made me realize that the Altec Lansing 3's are worth keeping.

OK bout the Speaks......

I will take the LPs if you still want to part with them. (I collect JB) How much and how do I pay?

Ray

Back
Top Bottom