former Sony tech

kcvet

hi all. found this forum while i was hunting a Sony S/M.

im a retired Sony tech. left in 2001. worked as a bench tech from 79-2001. manily worked on TV but also stereo/HI FI.

live in Gladstone, mo. a suburb of KC. ill be around. gotta get set up.......

Welcome to AK! quite a few of us are running vintage Sony items and I'm sure you will be an invaluable source of info!

Welcome. I have a ton of Sony gear that I love, including my SS-m7 speakers and some pre-Esprit gear. Great stuff!

Say ..I have a Sony with a screwed light engine and...Just joking!! Welcome to AK..:thmbsp:

thank you all. that was my reason for coming to see if i can help. do my best. I worked on just about everything they made. up to 2001. from the cheap stuff to the es/ex models. including CD players. single, carousels, magazine loaders etc. same with TV's. from 3" LCD/watchman's to large CRT models. my last 2 years was as a tech rep for us and authorized dealers. problem is i don't have access to s/m's anymore. although i can download them.
I retired just before large screen LCD's came out. :music:

Welcome, kcvet, glad you chose to land here and stick around. You got into the biz as I was stepping out as a Sony warranty repair site in the mid-Atlantic area back in the 70s. Went into computers instead.....

I can assure you that your knowledge will be tapped from the folks who are discovering how nice the older Sony gear was.

The only problem is that when they refer to vintage gear, they're actually referring to us, too!

Again, welcome!

Cheers,

David

you guys may have to put up some photos of these models. many I don't remember cause i went thru em like crap thru a goose !!!! we had a 5 day turn around time including waiting on parts. assembly line repair.

Greetings to ya!

I luv my Sony TA-F4A integrated amplifier, indeed!

Rome

Last edited:
STR-GX80ES.jpg

here's what i have. old !!! STR-GX80ES. from the 1880's !!!. plus 2 Boston Acoustic tower speakers. and they still run like a top.​

Back
Top Bottom