Forte iii

The last I read Klipsch was one of the top 3 Hifi companies. Maybe even second. So there has to be some dealers out there. I can remember not to long ago that there was a major Camera shop in every major city and large Mall in the USA. Not so now! Thanks to cell phones. Sadly the same thing has happened to sound stores. We had 4 major dealers where I live. We now only have one. He used to be a big Klipsch dealer, but Best buy is carrying the RF series on down so all he does now are special orders. No one has come to ask about a Forte III so he is holding off. He did have a pre-owned pair of Hersey's that sounded pretty good. I can see buying inefficient speakers if you have a small room and want extended bass below 40 HZ. What I don't under stand is why give-up efficiency and buy a speaker that won't perform any better than a Forte, just to get a slightly smaller foot print that requires you to spend money for power. The RF 280 has almost the same efficiency which means for a HT system 100 watts per channel is plenty, you probably could get by with even less. Why buy B&W speakers where you would need 10 times the power. 500 watt amps don't come cheap and you still need big sub woofers. Now if I had three B&W 808's I wouldn't throw theme out with the bath water and I would n't need subs. But they were from a different time and sound signature. But though I haven't really seriously auditioned the Forte III if your system has to be a compromise and produce great stereo sound and fill for HT, a Forte III with a Hersey in the middle might be a great place to start looking. But I'm old school and later Cornwall mk 1 would be my first place to start.

Got the CW’s home to audition them. I like the low end on these for sure. I feel like the cw’s may lack some of the detail the forte’s have in the mids and highs, but I’m going off memory. Been a few weeks since I’ve heard the forte’s so I could be wrong.

After some listening and a few little adjustments with the tone controls on my preamp, I’ve been able to get the mids to where I think they were with the fortes. I think these speakers have a home.

The other day I finally got the kick I need to move my Forte II’s from my father’s house into my house where I’m currently using 4.2’s, which are very good speakers. I miss listening to my 300B SE through the Forte’s. I like the vintage grill cloth on the III’s. I may try to find something similar looking to redo mine.

Back
Top Bottom