Fortes a worthwhile upgrade from kg 3.2?

Rococo

Hi all,

I have the opportunity to pick up a pair of Forte's at a good price. Only problem is I already have a great pair of kg 3.2 s and I'm not sure if the upgrade will be noticeable with my setup.

Currently, I am running a Marantz 2238B with a pair of kg 3.2 and kg 1, AR XA.
Primarily listen to vinyl, mostly jazz and Rock. Wood the modest investment in these speakers be noticeable and worth my time (if have to drive a few hours both ways )

Thanks for your thoughts and opinions!

It depends, I have a pair of Klipsch KG3.2's, great speakers that do not need a subwoofer.

The Heritage series are a different experience, if the bass from the 3.2's is a necessity then maybe not, but the midrange from the Forte's will be on another level, you need to audition them, for me there would be no hesitation.

Six db more output with the same power, better power handling, a Midrange horn to better define the signal being produced and a tweeter dedicated for high frequencies. Whats there not to like when it comes to producing sound. Its like having a Hersey with a subwoofer. Plus the horn drivers of the Forte are closer to ear height. Maybe Fortes are not Cornwalls, but come very close in a more space saving enclosure.

Definitely yes.
Thanks everyone, went to look at them and they were pretty beat up as compared with the pictures and description. I passed this time, I've been holding out for Cornwalls anyway... maybe some will come on the local auction site in the next five or so years :)

Back
Top Bottom