Found a hoard of Sherwood and Bozak, plus another major score

incredible find!

I too think those are JBL C39s ....I would imagine have good value in any condition, just for the cabs....a rare find!

Those who know how to search will always find the scores.:rockon:
Every score I've come across has been by looking for vague descriptions. A generic "speakers" got me my ADS L1290's for $40. "Receiver" landed me an NAD integrated amp for $20. An estate sale last year had a pair of Bozaks photographed as end tables. No mention of speakers in the ad. If someone is too lazy to put up photos and model numbers, or look up the value of what they have, they're usually just looking to just dump what they have. They might think that old means no good. It sucks having to weed through all the crappy ads to find gems, but that's where the action seems to be. That, and garage sales. People "upgrade" to surround sound with satellites + sub and a wife cleaning out the basement might think their 2-channel stuff and larger speakers are of little value.

I once found a free 'tube radio tuner' or some such on Freecycle. Turned out to be a completely intact Dynaco SCA-35 integrated. You just never know. Ironically, tuning was about all the SCA-35 doesn't do, but what do I care. :thumbsup:

It sure did. The other one did not suffer the same though. Getting ready for the big JBL extraction mission Saturday.

OK, "Operation JBL C39 Harlan Extraction" has been completed!

As I initially observed, one does have a University driver, the other, not sure yet. The internals were removed, but, at least one still has the paperwork secured to the back confirming at least one is an original JBL C39 cabinet! :banana:
IMG_0401.jpgIMG_0402.jpgIMG_0404.jpgIMG_0405.jpgIMG_0406 (1).jpgIMG_0410.jpgIMG_0413.jpg

Last edited:
There are quite a few test gear there that I did not consider. Anyone see something worth considering?

IMG_0392.jpg IMG_0393.jpg IMG_0394.jpg IMG_0395.jpg IMG_0396.jpg IMG_0397.jpg IMG_0398.jpg

Although that HP piece was probably expensive new, I doubt that test gear stored in those conditions is worth salvaging. Too bad!

Back
Top Bottom