Found a nice Infinity Infinitesimal 4 set!

SuperKris

Vintage Hi-Fi
A few weeks ago i saw a ad name "infintity speakers" in a dutch aution site. i clicked in but thought it was some cheap home cinema so dindt even look good at the pictures. a week ago, i saw the ad again and took a better look at the photos. I noticed the tweeters were EMIT's and the "woofer" looked like the one in kappa's. i also saw the sub, was a servo sub.

So i did a low bid of 60,- euro, and got a mail back i could have them for 75,- I could not find any info about them on the internet. just this small review. Anyway, for just 75,- i thought i should check it out.

So here are my 2 new infinitesimal 4, a infinitesimal video, and a servo sub. Not bad for 75,- :D

im planning to use them for a combined stereo/surround setup, with maybe some renaissance 90's. But thats for later. I dont have the space or the right amp right now.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• DSC00454 [1024x768].JPG
    DSC00454 [1024x768].JPG
    64.7 KB · Views: 448
  • DSC00455 [1024x768].JPG
    DSC00455 [1024x768].JPG
    61.8 KB · Views: 432
  • DSC00459 [1024x768].jpg
    DSC00459 [1024x768].jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 435
  • DSC00462 [1024x768].jpg
    DSC00462 [1024x768].jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 438
Last edited:
I like their look. the kinda looke like a smaller modulus. Im also thinking about painting them high gloss black in the same style as the modulus. The might need refoaming soon. The sub does need refoaming right now. also i gues i will put some decent speaker connections on there.

I even got wallmount for all the speakers, and the oritional metal frond covers, but those look horrible. A pretty good deal i think. I heard them om a cheap HK surrond amp, and they did sound good, but i need to do some more testing.

I can find any decent info on them. does anyone know anything about these speakers?

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• DSC00466 [1024x768].jpg
    DSC00466 [1024x768].jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 402
  • DSC00467 [1024x768].jpg
    DSC00467 [1024x768].jpg
    82.7 KB · Views: 400
  • DSC00472 [1024x768].jpg
    DSC00472 [1024x768].jpg
    89.1 KB · Views: 399
change the surrounds and you should be set..they look to be of good quality...

with the surround torn up like that you're losing alot of the bass information.

Very nice! Get a new surround on that subwoofer and it is a very nice for its size. The exact same sub was also sold as the SSW-10.

Thanks for all the nice comments!

I cant use these things in my current setup, because i like my QB's to much. Right now they hang on the wall behind my desk. i dont have the room to put them in front of me. So get good sound while the speakers are behind me im using a 2.1 system in frond of me (a sony pacal). Its actualy a very nice combo, and a good solution for this room. My Denon PMA-900 is fine wih driving both speakers. The QB's are 4 Ohm and the Pascal's are 8, so thats a 3 Ohm load on my amp. The PMA-900 is a beast and has no trouble preforming great in that setup, but i dont dare to stress it even more by replaying the Pascals with the Infinitesimals. That would make it a 2.4 Ohm load and im not sure how long my amp will handle that.

So i cant use these in my current system, but like i said, im planning to put them in a combined stereo/surround setup with a set of renaissance 90's. Im planning on moving in half a year, so i will have to wait with that till i have a room big enough.

Meanwhile i gave the Infinitesimals to a friend today for him to play with till i can actualy use them. So i went over there today to install and test them. He has the same amp as me.

These things are increddible bright sounding. The sound is very detailed, but also maybe a little bit "to loud". Compared to the Jamo Concert 5 this friend has they are very, very diffrent. Very detailed, very clear, and they really fill the room with sound much, much better than his jamo's do. On the downside not evey music sounded as good. The diffrence with a Jack Johnson LP was huge between the Jamo's and the infinity's. The Infinitesimals sounded increddible detailed and clear. I was very impressed by them. With Black Label Society they were not as good. While still sounding good, im not sure if i liked them better than the Jamo's. The Highs were still very good, but the mids and higher bass where by far worse than my QB's. I gues there was just to much high compared to the rest of the sound. Supertramp sounded very diffrent on both speakers, but i was not really able to say what speaker i liked the most.

I gues these things preformed much better than i was expecting, but this 2.1 setup will not replace a full stereo setup with good speakers. Basicly they sound to bright, and that will not work with all kinds of music. Ofcourse i did listen to them while the subwoofer was not yet fixed, so the bass could be much better after i refoam, but i dont think what will take away the brightness. They are deffinantly much better than any 2.1 setup i ever heard, and im very happy i bought these things. These are worth much more than the 75 euros i played for these. For their size the sound is just really good.

While testing 1 surround of the satalites got damaged. These are also a bit old, so i replaced the whole driver with the one from them center speaker that cant be used right now anyway. I will refaom them all, because i believe i will not be selling these speakers soon.

They work good in a 2.1 setup, but i think they will be amazing in a 5.1 setup with some nice full range stereo speakers as fronts. Cant wait till i move and actualy can use these :)

Back
Top Bottom