Found a nice USB>analog solution.

Edzo

Hi folks. I introduced myself a few days ago.

http://audiokarma.org/forums/index.php?threads/id-thought-to-sign-up-instead-of-only-lurking.819148/

Of course I have also a lot of music on my laptop. Like many of us do.

Given the fact the mini-jack output quality of these laptops (macbook pro model mid 2012) is at least questionable, I always use USB/Firewire for an output. Professionally a pro multichannel audio interface.
Private I have some small handy Behringer (!)o_O thing, which already sounds better (!!) . Now I use to carry it around in my daily luggage just in case I need it. (theatre/stage tech as I am)

For some more serious listening at home and some serious simple use in theatre I stumbled across a Roland Rubix 24. It's a rather musician's kind of audio interface aiming at singer-songwriters and simple recordings.
24-bit /192Khz. 2 analog in 4 analog out. and of course USB in/out. Sturdy little box. Looks a little vintage.

Surprised about the sound quality!!!

And I am surprised it was not mentioned on this forum before as a solution to play good quality digital music on a -for example- vintage set. (like I do)

At least I couldn't trace it with the "search" function.

Just a tip.

I have nothing to do with the manufacturer , and this is certainly not meant as promotion of the brand. Just an observation, and maybe a good solution for some of you. The fun costs about 160€.

Last edited:
Welcome and thank you. For those who, like me, never heard of a Roland Rubix 24, the manufacturer's web page can be found here. The price appears to be ~$200 US.

Back
Top Bottom