found kodak 35mm film

2011etec

I put some 35mm film in fridge after using it and completely forgot about it.Its been 20 years would it still be good to develop??

Is it already exposed? If yes then get it developed, if no then I'd toss it.

What kind of film is it?

If Kodachrome, no, I do not believe there are any labs left to process it.

Anything else is, most likely, process-able. You might even be able to do it yourself, if you are into self-flagellation.

If it is color film, you might end up with some funny color shifts.

What have you got to lose? I think most of us had more hair 20 years ago ;-)

I never heard of funtime 200. I did a quick search and found very little. I wonder if it is something that Kodak did not sell in the US. Does the cartridge say anything like process C-41? If so, that is a common process (at least as far as film processing goes now.) You might be able to go to a drug store or a a Walmart and have that processed.

Max 400 is(was?) a common black and white film. You might need to go the a professional lab to have that processed.

TMax is still made, (assuming that is what the op is referring to). The TMax is likely to be ok, possibly a little fogged, but should be printable. It is also possible a local school or university might have a lab and someone who knows what they are doing.

Kodak max 400.35mm film for color prints.c-41 Kodak funtime film 200,35mm film for color prints.c-41

C-41 is (or was when film was widely used) a commonly available color negative film processing system.

Anywhere that still does wet bath film processing should be able to process this.

However, with age, you might be getting into problems which are probably inescapable, short of paying professionals to do testing and custom processing.

In the end, it still won't put hair back on your head. That is another process. One that I know even less about.

Thought the chinese were working on the hair thing.Will just send the film away, its really not very expensive so no great loss if it turns out crappy.

Actually theres a couple of places in town that still do developing i will check with them.One has been in business forever.

Ask them if they will do a clip test. Which is developing a small section of the film, usually a couple of frames, to check if any development adjustments are needed. C41 is what all the labs do. It's the standard process for colour negative.

Haven't used Kodak Max in years. Portra is my go to colour neg choice.

Remind me not to have left-overs or a cold beer at your house :D How does one "lose" something in a fridge (even if it is a garage fridge) for 20 years? :eek:

As for the film--if exposed and promptly refrigerated, you should be able to process it. As mentioned, there may be some anomalies due to aging, but then again, there may not be anything significantly out of whack. I like the university suggestion--taking it to a local university with a good "arts" program, rather than an an automated "developer" at a local drugstore or big-box store where it is just slapped in a machine and a button pushed by a "trained monkey".

About ten years ago, I had some 35mm "found" film developed. It was probably 12-15 years old at the time and stored in the back of a drawer.... I had it developed at Walgreens, told them about the age and they improved the images somehow through the roll. It was vacation pictures of Glacier National Park, family photos that I am glad I didn't lose. Good luck!

Everytime i cleaned the fridge i just kept moving the film around.Just too lazy i guess to take in.As soon as i use new film it will be dealt with right away ,lol.

Back
Top Bottom