The changeable systems in the front room(s)

You are just itching to hear them both working perfectly and can't wait for that moment. It will come and then you can allow the enjoyment of listening to carry all your cares away.

Yes indeed, it is time. The tease, taste I had back in October was just that. I'm looking forward to the full course soon.

He wasn't. Most of what I need is transistors and diodes. He said they don't handle that stuff.
Thanks anyway, though. Was worth a try.

The Classé is excellent, even beating out the Denon from my impressions so far. Superb inner level detail and harmonics. Well there really isn't anything to stand in the way, which is why these details are coming out so well. The bottom end is more detailed and tuneful too.

Last edited:
I am really curious as to how it will perform. Did a little research and a version of it has been made since 1982, to the public since 1985. Small, well run, very, very tight QC German company. This one is a series 2 Exclusive, only a few years old. The very high current capability of mosfet without the haze or mist. 250 wpc and 302 pounds.

I listened to that model ASR for about 10 minutes around 5 years ago. The speakers were B&W 805D and the CD/SACD player was by Electrocompaniet. The speakers were not particularly well placed. The CD was a Japanese Sony SBM issue of Roger Waters' Amused To Death. Mostly I suspect due to the positioning of the speaker, and that the amp was stone cold, it wasn't an extraordinary session. I was stunned by the stereo image being thrown miles outside the R hand speaker during one part of the 'Genie' track.
I would have liked to have spent more time with that system in a different room set-up and maybe with more capable speakers.

That was the second system I heard that day(the shop was empty but for me and the proprietor). the other one was Electro CD player, TOTL preamp and Nemo monoblocks with B&W 802D speakers. Yes it sounded nice, but the entire time I was wishing I had my GT 2000 as the source. That would have been something to hear.

I'll be curious to know, they have a small but dedicated following.
I feel the same, I'd have wanted to hear it on something else, maybe a floor stander. And maybe a different brand like Magico or the larger Sonus...Sony SS-AR1. That kind of demo.
I'm hoping the Scepters and the ASR are friendly.

Back
Top Bottom