The changeable systems in the front room(s)

The much heralded Mimesis 3. It stands out from their pack by being utterly neutral and proper in its sound profile. If you’re familiar with their amps, they can be a lot on the dark side. This one is not at all, it’s pure joy and is so right from turn on.

Last edited:
I haven't heard much about that amp nor Goldmund amps in general. I am interested in finding out more about them. Thanks for peaking my interest.

I haven't heard much about that amp nor Goldmund amps in general. I am interested in finding out more about them. Thanks for peaking my interest.
Thank you also for piquing my interest. Now, I'd loved to see a bank account peak some interest...

Well the amp is here, I'm trying it out before it heads to the sale bin. (Yes it was never intended to be a keeper). This thing is a real curiosity, 4 chassis, one a battery supply, Very specialized silver cabling, really it's the works here. $30 grand worth of amp weighing 315 pounds.
A short listening session shows immediately how well designed it is.
I'll run it for hours this Saturday.
View attachment 932167
Aren’t you the guy who sold the Onkyo M-510?

Aloha Ds2000
Got a a chance to buy a Mimesis 3 Amp in good shape thinking about to grab him and check what comes out of the JBLs
DS What makes you happy about this sound machine?
as i remember you are great JVC/Victor aficionado too
Cheers :beerchug:
Wally

Last edited:
Aloha Ds2000
Got a a chance to buy a Mimesis 3 Amp in good shape thinking about to grab him and check what comes out of the JBLs
DS What makes you happy about this sound machine?
as i remember you are great JVC/Victor aficionado too
Cheers :beerchug:
Wally
It’s a fine amp, but make sure it has been fully serviced by a Goldmund tech. All of the smaller caps need to go, and much of the rest needs at least resoldering. The caps used should be Vishay or of that grade. This will cost big dollars if it hasn’t been done yet. Screwing the job up will send the amp into destructive oscillation. This photo shows the extent to which it needs to be serviced. All smaller caps are new.B094A9C1-63F2-4988-A6AF-4D76FCD84F04.jpeg
Sound-wise, it is a very straight forward amp, lacking coloration. What goes in is what comes out.
I do like the JVC Laboratory gear for sure.

Thanks for replying in nice way Mr.Ds
I'm not sure all the work his done on this Amp the Seller just write in the Advertisement the Amp is in working condition well I decided to stay away from this buy as I'm not an qualified technician to fix deeper electronics problems unfortunately
Anyways I'm not short in Vintage hi-fi systems good enough to kill time in nice way with a couple of Victor/JVC SS-A180 +2A3 Tubeamp
Enjoy your weekend
Cheers
:beerchug::music::smoke:

IMG_20190315_230332.jpg

It’s a fine amp, but make sure it has been fully serviced by a Goldmund tech. All of the smaller caps need to go, and much of the rest needs at least resoldering. The caps used should be Vishay or of that grade. This will cost big dollars if it hasn’t been done yet. Screwing the job up will send the amp into destructive oscillation. This photo shows the extent to which it needs to be serviced. All smaller caps are new.View attachment 1449886
Sound-wise, it is a very straight forward amp, lacking coloration. What goes in is what comes out.
I do like the JVC Laboratory gear for sure.

6SL7GT Tubes arrived today so I'm testing this cute Japan Handmade 2A3 Amp sounds great in my ears
Cheers
IMG_20190316_201143.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks for replying in nice way Mr.Ds
I'm not sure all the work his done on this Amp the Seller just write in the Advertisement the Amp is in working condition well I decided to stay away from this buy as I'm not an qualified technician to fix deeper electronics problems unfortunately
Anyways I'm not short in Vintage hi-fi systems good enough to kill time in nice way with a couple of Victor/JVC SS-A180 +2A3 Tubeamp
Enjoy your weekend
Cheers
:beerchug::music::smoke:

View attachment 1450173
Oh those are lovely amps, I hope to hear to hear a pair some day.
And if the seller can confirm the work with a receipt or photo, I’d recommend the 3, otherwise it could easily drain your bank account with the restore.

Enjoying this H/K Citation XX. Replacing the cheapo self tapping and other pot metal screws with machine variety in proper tapped holes. Japan had a love affair with the coarse thread sheet metal screw in the 80’s, even in top gear. My Onk 510 has ‘em too. Confusingly cheap in otherwise overbuilt gear. Much better structure after.
740DD829-151F-44E3-9B1B-D16F15DAE021.jpeg ADFE4F6C-59C4-4835-B2D0-897BA498AD08.jpeg 6EDCB090-3263-46C9-90B6-597D2B25D583.jpeg 9503FB1D-17C2-4995-81B2-9ACE77103E39.jpeg F1E19CDD-A81C-43E1-9588-080CCD8E1334.jpeg 5E27B6DF-B089-4A13-8A86-0B38D9712C0B.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom