Found some JBL 4313b's

Jayrosc

Couldn't resist grabbing these. They look similar to my L110's but some quick googling reveals there might be some strong differences. Seems these are rare birds with the white woofer too. Foam is gone but all the drivers work. Grills are intact, sort of. Royal blue fabric seems mint but it has been coming unglued. I must do a search to see how to repair that without mucking it up. Want to get the foam from that guy, I think his name is Rick Cobb, who sells on the bay. Anyone recall what he calls himself there?

Attachments

• jbl 4313b.jpg
    jbl 4313b.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 231
Last edited:
Whoa, clean!! I have found that running an iron with no steam (I have a steamless travel iron) over the loose fabric will reactivate and reattach the glue on JBL grills; just "iron" the loose cloth back down.

Whoa, clean!! I have found that running an iron with no steam (I have a steamless travel iron) over the loose fabric will reactivate and reattach the glue on JBL grills; just "iron" the loose cloth back down.
Great tip. Thanks.

Nice grab man. I was also lucky enough to find a pair today. Cheers on that!

The white woofers are le111h and are exactly the same as le10h except for the cone color IIRC. They actually do look better with the whites IMO.

They don't quite full a large room but they sure do wonders in average sized listening areas.
Long story short; you're going to love them.

Nice grab man. I was also lucky enough to find a pair today. Cheers on that!

The white woofers are le111h and are exactly the same as le10h except for the cone color IIRC. They actually do look better with the whites IMO.

They don't quite full a large room but they sure do wonders in average sized listening areas.
Long story short; you're going to love them.
Ha Ha! I see that! As for the sound, I don't expect them to sound radically different from the L110's because so much of that sound has to do with the great woofer that both models share. But, as you seem to know and understand, one cannot just pass a JBL opportunity up. I had the means so I grabbed them. I've read that they have a different crossover than the 110's and may have mylar caps already, so I look forward to hooking them up. I found Rick Cobb. Should get the foam next week.
Uhm, yours really look unused.....like a wedding gift that someone hated maybe?

Well I've owned L110's and yes they have the same bottom end and mid range but the 066 tweeter mixed in with the better crossover gives the 4313b's a huge advantage IMO . I think once you get used to listening to them after the refoam you'll know what I mean.

Actually, with the aquaplas (the white coating) on the front of the cone, the woofers are technically the LE10H-1, which was used in the L96. The 4313B used the LE10H which had the aquaplas on the back of the cone and had the bright brushed aluminum frame front. The LE111H was used in the L110 (A) it had the the aquaplas on the back of the cone and had a brushed aluminum painted flat black frame front. As far as sound goes, the 4313B doesn't go quite as low as the L110.

Larry

Actually, with the aquaplas (the white coating) on the front of the cone, the woofers are technically the LE10H-1, which was used in the L96. The 4313B used the LE10H which had the aquaplas on the back of the cone and had the bright brushed aluminum frame front. The LE111H was used in the L110 (A) it had the the aquaplas on the back of the cone and had a brushed aluminum painted flat black frame front. As far as sound goes, the 4313B doesn't go quite as low as the L110.

Larry
Just pulled a woofer to check. Its an LE10H. Sticker on the side of the magnet shows it had work done in the fall of 2000. Probably a re foam. The crossover is a 3113B. I'm a little concerned about these drivers. I learned the hard way about the foam JBL used to cover the hole in the center of the magnets. I looked through the little screen with a flashlight and the foam is long gone.

Attachments

• jbl LE10H woofer.jpg
    jbl LE10H woofer.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 92
  • jbl 4313 xover.jpg
    jbl 4313 xover.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 92
I cannot recite the specifics but do some research on the 4313.....they are a pro monitor speaker and fairly rare. Well worth the money to properly restore as many are actually building clones.

I cannot recite the specifics but do some research on the 4313.....they are a pro monitor speaker and fairly rare. Well worth the money to properly restore as many are actually building clones.
You know what? I couldn't even find much info on any that have been sold or are currently for sale! Usually Rare + JBL = $, such as the L300's we are always hearing about. Did I find a pot of gold here?

I owned a pair of 4312As a few years back - kinda dry for my tastes, same thing with some L100s I got off the local CL a few years later.
Decided they weren't keepers for me, but - cleaned em up and got a nice resale price for them.

My impression was that the 4313b was the last and best version of that series (4310/L100 family) ...

Sounds like a great find, kudos!

Last edited:
I know I am enjoying my L112's . A really nice speaker and supposed to be a improvement over the L100's . I don't know , I have never heard L100's . .

Just pulled a woofer to check. Its an LE10H. Sticker on the side of the magnet shows it had work done in the fall of 2000. Probably a re foam. The crossover is a 3113B. I'm a little concerned about these drivers. I learned the hard way about the foam JBL used to cover the hole in the center of the magnets. I looked through the little screen with a flashlight and the foam is long gone.

So your LE10H became an LE10H-1 since they were most likely re-coned with JBL C8RLE10H-1 re-cone kits back when the sticker was applied to the magnet. To have kept the same appearance as the original LE10H the C8RLE111H re-cone kit (aquaplas on the back side of the cone) would have been the correct one to have been used.

Larry

jayrosc,
Here is a fix I used to clean up a LE10H with the dreaded vent foam rot. That driver is still going strong!

I just got done correcting this very problem with a JBL LE10H. I re-foamed a pair and one speaker would not return to neutral. I took the dust cap off and saw a black streak on the inside of the voice coil (sorry, I did not take any pictures). I gently extended the cone as far as i felt safe and cleaned up the black streak on the inside VC with isopropyl alcohol. It still had some goo on the pole so I took some note card stock dipped in alcohol and rubbed it in the affected area. Took a few tries but eventually it cleaned up nicely. (The speaker in the photo is not the JBL and is for demo purposes only.)
View attachment 807169
View attachment 807171
The gap is wide enough that it is snug but not tight. I cut the note card pieces about 1 inch wide so they remain strong when wet and won't tear while doing the cleaning.
While you have the cone off clean up any remaining foam from the vent and place a vacuum in the pole vent area to clean up any stray pieces. I elected not to replace the vent foam.
Replace the dust cap and enjoy.
Monte

Back
Top Bottom