found some speakers: pioneer cs-610

Discussion in 'Speakers' started by jbav, Mar 9, 2010.

1. jbav

jbav Tube Enthusiast

I found a pair of speakers, Pioneer CS-610s. I haven't found any real information aside for them being from 1979. I don't think they can be all that great as they're only made from fiberboard, with walnut print vinyl on the sides. I could be wrong though, maybe they're great. Anyone know anything about them?
  2. kermit z

kermit z Loud Music saves Lives!! Subscriber

I have not heard that model, but from your description, I would guess not the best Pioneer effort. How do they sound? Also a picture may help jog some memories :yes:
  3. jbav

jbav Tube Enthusiast

I haven't listened to them yet. I'll do that tonight and post some pictures.
  4. NealinNevada

NealinNevada THE Bozak Museum of NV

They also made them in 1971...get the serial number and we can find out which vintage they are.
  5. jbav

jbav Tube Enthusiast

15073 U appears to be the serial on one of them
  6. 33&athird

33&athird Turn on & Tune in

:scratch2:...I have a later example of that series- looks alot like those, but maybe a slightly lesser model (it has a graph!). Not too impressed with the sound- but you could do alot worse. Biggest problem I think is lack of acoustic foam. They sound alot like my epi's which I love, but a little tinnier, with more bass echo. they certainly look really cool though.

Again, I think yours are a little better off, mine are from the early eighties, and it shows. Yours are in great shape as well- mine had some mold on the grilles :yuck:
  7. jbav

jbav Tube Enthusiast

i'm going to listen to them as soon as my beomaster gets here in... ugh, still 4 days. i may output from a modern amp first to give them a fair trial. if they sound alright they'll be my first re veneer project.