Frazier Mk.4 speaker's

LuxmanTom

I know this is the Kilpsch Korner,but i also understand that Paul Kilpsch,and the man that built these Frazier were good friend's,and even traded info.I got this from a 1970's Kilpsch wholesaler,and good friend.Anyway i went last to a little auction by my home,and here were these Frazier's,i never seen,or heard a pair,and for the sum of $65 out the door,they went.I hooked them up to a Sansui 5050 sitting around,and WOW.The best 2-way's i've every heard.I have a pair of Hersey series-1(HRL),and i swear the Frazier's every bit as nice sounding.Has anyone else have,or heard a pair of these great speaker's.I'm interested in what you guy's think?Thank's,Tom.:music:

I know this is the Kilpsch Korner,but i also understand that Paul Kilpsch,and the man that built these Frazier were good friend's,and even traded info.I got this from a 1970's Kilpsch wholesaler,and good friend.Anyway i went last to a little auction by my home,and here were these Frazier's,i never seen,or heard a pair,and for the sum of $65 out the door,they went.I hooked them up to a Sansui 5050 sitting around,and WOW.The best 2-way's i've every heard.I have a pair of Hersey series-1(HRL),and i swear the Frazier's every bit as nice sounding.Has anyone else have,or heard a pair of these great speaker's.I'm interested in what you guy's think?Thank's,Tom.:music:

I have a pair I refurbished, they have great bass and are very bold sounding. I have a friend that swears they are some of the best sounding speaks he has ever heard. They are placement sensitive so experiment with getting them up off the ground and see if you like them at different locations.

I have them hooked up to my Luxman L-480 amp,and T-400 tuner,about 36in off the floor right now,and they just keep getting better.I have the org. paper's for these,and see Frazier made many different speaker's.Now i'm on the hunt for more.I noticed they don't need much power to drive them(another plus).I looked up the number's on the back (55256,55257)a early series,maybe 1963,64.Thank's RS Steve,i'll post some Picture's.The Best $65 i spent in a while.

I have them hooked up to my Luxman L-480 amp,and T-400 tuner,about 36in off the floor right now,and they just keep getting better.I have the org. paper's for these,and see Frazier made many different speaker's.Now i'm on the hunt for more.I noticed they don't need much power to drive them(another plus).I looked up the number's on the back (55256,55257)a early series,maybe 1963,64.Thank's RS Steve,i'll post some Picture's.The Best $65 i spent in a while.

Yes, Frazier made a few models and I happen to own a couple. I have a pair of Model 7's, Concerto's, and Mk. 4's in my collection. If you do a search you can find out alot of cool information about Jack Frazier and the company he created. From what I understand, Paul Klipsch and Jack Frazier would share ideas and talk shop together, and admired each others work. Jack was one of only a few people Paul Klipsch would talk about speaker designs to. Glad you like your Fraziers, I'm a fan also! :thmbsp:

Thank's Steve,i'm a Frazier,and Kilpsch Fan for sure.I have a very rare pair of Hersey's,Jack Thronsen is a very good friend,who gave these to me,for Christmas about 5year's ago.(HRL)Rosewood Lacquer,8 pair's were made,to go with 8 pair's of K-horn's.4 pair's were sold,and 4 were given away by Paul Kilpsch,to his friend's,and wholesaler's,my friend (Jack) was both,Jack still has his K-horn's.I even have a Org.(Bullshit)button,that Paul Kilpsch gave to people that thought they knew Speaker's,LOL.Thank you for your info,Tom.

Beautiful Mk.-4's,mine are coming along,not quite as nice as your's.Again exc. sound,real underground speaker's,people doesn't know what they're missing,Tom.

Attachments

• 100_2128.jpg
    100_2128.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 309
  • 100_2129.jpg
    100_2129.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 267
  • 100_2131.jpg
    100_2131.jpg
    73.9 KB · Views: 246
  • 100_2132.jpg
    100_2132.jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 232

The Frazier Mark IV's are the ones that got me hooked on Frazier speakers.

attachment.php

i like them, no matter what finish the cabs are, mine are cherry or birch......the midrange and hi frequency response is really bright and life-like.

We're really getting the Frazier fan's out there to chime in,anybody else have Frazier speaker's picture's they would like to post?Steve,i love the Black Mk.4's,cool.

I even have the org. paper,that they came with.Anyone else have this piece?

Attachments

• 100_2159.jpg
    100_2159.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 203
  • 100_2157.jpg
    100_2157.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 202
  • 100_2155.jpg
    100_2155.jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 211
  • 100_2154.jpg
    100_2154.jpg
    86.1 KB · Views: 218
  • 100_2153.jpg
    100_2153.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 192
You will find some pictures of my MK IV here.

These are very nice speakers and I probably won't easily part with them.

I found a set of Frazier Buckeroo speakers at a local flea market for real cheap. The cabinets needed a little work but they sound and function perfect. I was completely blown away by the great sound. They match up so well with the Sansui 5000x. They are now my main speakers.

attachment.php

Attachments

• photosss.jpg
    photosss.jpg
    70.1 KB · Views: 153
  • photoeeee.jpg
    photoeeee.jpg
    129.2 KB · Views: 108
Last edited:
I have just owned a pair of Frazier mark IV. It was surprising when I first heard it. Sounds great. I am currently connect these speakers with Sherwood S-7900A amplifier, it's great. I love Frazier's

Back
Top Bottom