Free - Magnepan MG IIa projects

Ski

what?
Subscriber
I picked up a pair of these that were not working. I hoped for the best and found the worst. They will need total rewiring. I will post this in the AK Barter Town soon. I just wanted to give you guys first chance and am still having problems navigating the Google group.

Admins - I am sorry if this goes against the rules, but it's only meant for locals and for free.

I have a TV, possibly two, I may do the same with, but I'll post 'em on the SMAC list.

I should make up a pictorial how-to for the Google Group, and send it out as an email to everyone. It's easy once you know where things are at. (You can also post directly to it via email, but I don't know if it can be categorized at all.)

I thank you. I would hate for these to go to waste, but at this point I may skin them for the grill cloths and trim work.

Wow, that's more work than I thought. Guess I'll have to pass.:(

Last edited:
I'm moving soon. Last call before I strip them of cloth and trim and pitch the rest.

My Martin Logan Sequel II project will likely end up at the curb for the same reason if I can't find anyone to buy it at my "fire sale" pricing on it. I'm tired of this half broken sh!t in my basement, and will be downsizing this year. Great project for someone who wants it, as I have all the parts to redo them with, even a roll of Mylar for the membranes. I'll even deliver it all. Got other piles of mid-fi crap (the usual Sony, Kenwood, etc. I'm sick of looking at) that I want to dump but am not going to put up with our local Craigslist bullpoop.

Interested in the Sequel project. I can't see your profile, and this site has me blocked from messaging to you, but go ahead and message me and maybe we can work something out. I am local too.

Thank you.

Geoff

@SomeGeoffGuy If you don't mind replacing the mylar in both panels (it's a bit of work), it could make for a good project. I'll reply privately today or tomorrow when I'm back at a computer so I can give you all the details.

@SomeGeoffGuy If you don't mind replacing the mylar in both panels (it's a bit of work), it could make for a good project. I'll reply privately today or tomorrow when I'm back at a computer so I can give you all the details.
Thank you. I don't mind a project. I am looking for something for my basement, and I think these would sound good. I have a Carver TFM-45 that I am hoping can give them the current they need to really shine. I am not trying to flip them and make a buck or anything either.

-Geoff

Thank you. I don't mind a project. I am looking for something for my basement, and I think these would sound good. I have a Carver TFM-45 that I am hoping can give them the current they need to really shine. I am not trying to flip them and make a buck or anything either.

-Geoff
They aren't worth much when sold anyways, not unless someone puts time into redoing the panels. But hey, if you can flip them eventually, more power to ya. :D

I had considered sending them out to Russ Knotts to get the panels redone but it seemed like a waste with all the other parts I bought to refurbish these. Instead, I'm putting the cost towards some M-L Summits, Summit-Xs or Spires, whenever a set comes along that is within my budget.

Still interested in these Sequels if you are interested in making a safe social distancing exchange.

Thank you.

-Geoff

Back
Top Bottom