Fur,Fin and Feather air pistol score today!

I don't normally shoot a pistol one handed but this pistol just feels natural.Great for hitting cans and 2 liter bottles.Great gun!

Not a fan of C-O2 or pcp, I like the self contained consistent economy of springers and pumpers.

I shoot springers (RWS) and single-stroke pneumatics, but if you have the bucks a PCP is the way to go for hunting, field target, etc. No "recoil" to break scopes or screw up your aim. Pure paper punching a single-stroke pneumatic is fine.

The Benjamin Marauder punches way above it's price. YMMV

BTW, have you seen the new .30 cal, 9mm and up high-powered PCPs? 180 grain 9mm at 900 fps. That's .38 Special power in an air gun.

When my son turned 10 I started my search for an air rifle. I wanted to teach him gun safety, do a little bonding, have some target practice fun. Well, this little old lady at my work heard me talking about it and said she had a couple rifles and that I could stop by and have one. I did that after work, lil' cheapo looking rifle, but I thought "hey it's free." I tried it when I got home, in my garage on 9 pumps. HOLY CRAP, thing fired through a trashbag of trash and 1/8" into a 2x4 wall stud. I realize there are advertised higher power bb rifles, but I've shot supposed 1200 ft/p/sec rifles and none of them had the power this one had.

https://www.amazon.com/Powerline-Rifle-Dark-Brown-Black/dp/B000YAXRJC

I had one of those 881 Powerline rifles when I was in high school.Ten pumps and it would go right through a metal trash can on both sides!Today my Benjamin 392 really hits hard.The .22 pellets really tear up pop and soup cans!

Yes I mostly pump it 5 or 6 times which is more tha sufficient.Ut dies slap pretty hard so I may add a section of old bicyckle tube to quiet it.I added a scope using Weaver scooe mounts.Nice rifle1522334240360.jpg !

Go for it!
Me and the girls have been air gun, squirrel baggin mofos for quite a few years now. I use a break-barrel .177 Crosman Phantom with a 3 - 9X56 scope and love it. But, was thinking of getting .22 Targis View attachment 1131828 like this one with a little more stopping power.
We got some BIG squirrels around here!

I celebrated March For Our Lives day by ventilating ground squirrels. I had two confirmed KIA, and one that did the Curly spin before crawling off into the bushes.
Regarding the KIA ratio,...
I have a Crosman 2100 Classic .177ca reissue. But it is iron sights only. I'm a righty, but, my right eye has taken some licks over the years, and isn't my best side. So, this has had me rethinking about a new shooting iron. With the iron sights, at best, its a generalized point, shoot, and hope. I'm thinkning a scope would help?

I think I'd like a .22ca beak-barrel NP type, with a scope. But, iron sights would also be needed, as some of my plinking can be within 30'; Sarge feeds the birds, which attracts and holds the squirrels for long enough to get sighted. I also know where their den is at, but they're really quick in and out of that. My best success comes from the bird feeding area.
Something with a silencer would be nice as well, though my neighbors and I all have an understanding that loud popping noises are likely framing/nailing guns, nothing more; no need to report.

I like what I see with this shooter in the link above. Is it that dual purpose with the scope and sights?

I celebrated March For Our Lives day by ventilating ground squirrels. I had two confirmed KIA, and one that did the Curly spin before crawling off into the bushes.
Regarding the KIA ratio,...
I have a Crosman 2100 Classic .177ca reissue. But it is iron sights only. I'm a righty, but, my right eye has taken some licks over the years, and isn't my best side. So, this has had me rethinking about a new shooting iron. With the iron sights, at best, its a generalized point, shoot, and hope. I'm thinkning a scope would help?

I think I'd like a .22ca beak-barrel NP type, with a scope. But, iron sights would also be needed, as some of my plinking can be within 30'; Sarge feeds the birds, which attracts and holds the squirrels for long enough to get sighted. I also know where their den is at, but they're really quick in and out of that. My best success comes from the bird feeding area.
Something with a silencer would be nice as well, though my neighbors and I all have an understanding that loud popping noises are likely framing/nailing guns, nothing more; no need to report.

I like what I see with this shooter in the link above. Is it that dual purpose with the scope and sights?
Mike, I love the scope. I've got it sighted on x5 at approx 30yds max and it is dead on.
I found that for me anything greater than x5 picked too much of my "unsteadiness."
I looked yesterday and the Ruger 22cal in the link had gone back up in price but is still affordable and I still plan on purchasing one.

A Beeman/Webley C-1 with a Beeman SS compact armored scope is the reason I never used the Sheridans much, or had the non-functional one rebuilt. It was just quieter, easier, and better overall than the pumpers.

Don't point it at the cops. :p

Speaking of air guns, I was thinking of getting a pump air rifle some time just to get my feet wet. A friend said the Benjamin/Sheridan was a good one. .177 and has a muzzle velocity comparable to a 22. Anyone have any thoughts?
the m4 i had while in the military was perfect.

Back
Top Bottom