FX Audio 6j1 tube preamp - a $31 wonder

doesn't sound too good. sounds muddy and muffled and the highs kicks you in the nads. so sounds like unwashed american ass :D

i just wanted to give a headsup that this one is not the same as tube01 as i was hoping that it would be.

It's a sound only the effluent can afford.
I think there is a misunderstanding here. I am onboard with the great little FX audio tube01. I think that it sounds great and i am also enjoying tube rolling in it. i ordered the one in the picture hoping that it is the same product with a prettier package but when it arrived i saw that it is a different product and I wanted to give a head sup to people who order on the auction site, like myself, to stick with the fx audio tube01 that is tried and true. so I am not saying the tube01 sounds bad, i am saying that other one sounds bad.

Got the Voskhods yesterday. No idea if they sound better yet, but I love the CCCP and rocket logo markings on them, very retro!

How important is it to clean the tarnish off the contacts of these NOS tubes?

I gave them a quick rub with some 00 wire wool, but it was very fiddly due to their small size so it wasn't very efficient and mostly just the outward facing bits...

Got the Voskhods yesterday. No idea if they sound better yet, but I love the CCCP and rocket logo markings on them, very retro!

How important is it to clean the tarnish off the contacts of these NOS tubes?

I gave them a quick rub with some 00 wire wool, but it was very fiddly due to their small size so it wasn't very efficient and mostly just the outward facing bits...
Use De-oxit and pipe-cleaners to clean the pins.

I think there is a misunderstanding here. I am onboard with the great little FX audio tube01. I think that it sounds great and i am also enjoying tube rolling in it. i ordered the one in the picture hoping that it is the same product with a prettier package but when it arrived i saw that it is a different product and I wanted to give a head sup to people who order on the auction site, like myself, to stick with the fx audio tube01 that is tried and true. so I am not saying the tube01 sounds bad, i am saying that other one sounds bad.
I am still uncertain about how to use the FX audio tube 01, I am running a dedicated Audio-gd PCM 1704 based DAC into the Tape 2 input of my vintage Scott SS receiver, can I put my DAC in-between or will that add too much gain?

I am still uncertain about how to use the FX audio tube 01, I am running a dedicated Audio-gd PCM 1704 based DAC into the Tape 2 input of my vintage Scott SS receiver, can I put my DAC in-between or will that add too much gain?
You don't need it.

Back
Top Bottom