G-7000 for reconditioning

Heard that Kev.... I feel buried all the time, and started a facebook page that went dry as a drought with regards to me posting/updating it. Just put head down and charge forward, keeping the people happy!

Last edited:
A few pictures. ;)

Restuffed capacitors re-installed - and showing rear of new speaker terminals.
IMG_2485a.jpg

General view of the topside.
IMG_2486a.jpg

IMG_2487a.jpg

Note the signal strength - almost 5 - and the aerial ? - one red multimeter lead seen in the background above the meter :)
IMG_2488a.jpg

IMG_2489a.jpg

Having changed the mains cable for a 3 core double insulated type, do you remember I mentioned using Kevzep's great idea of connecting an earth to the chassis ground? - I have connected a turntable and a CD Player to this receiver with no issues at all.

This is now a very nice sounding receiver, it has a pleasing and relaxing sound, the tuner is very nice, and I think my extra work on the Phono EQ has paid off - very nice!

Last edited:
Back with its owner now who appreciates the time and effort thats gone into getting the receiver back to new condition. Thanks John for the work. Traffic was a nightmare on the way back! Just need to find some floorstanding speakers now. Using tdl super compact speakers and it sounds superb. Enjoying sitting in the dark with the sansui on.

Attachments

• 20181115_191612.jpg
    20181115_191612.jpg
    84.2 KB · Views: 48
  • 20181115_191532.jpg
    20181115_191532.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 44
Glad you made it back OK, the M1 and the M6 'looked' like a nightmare this afternoon as I was checking, so I hoped you had gone via the M40 :)

In the dark - the only way to listen. ;)

Aha, the left picture shows where I have removed the original capacitor only to discover it is bipolar <DRAT!> this got replaced in due course with a new bipolar. :)

I changed 2 films on that board - you can just see one of them (Red), in the bottom LHS of the right hand picture, original was a green Mylar, replaced with a Polypropylene. ;)

Aha, the left picture shows where I have removed the original capacitor only to discover it is bipolar <DRAT!> this got replaced in due course with a new bipolar. :)

I changed 2 films on that board - you can just see one of them (Red), in the bottom LHS of the right hand picture, original was a green Mylar, replaced with a Polypropylene. ;)

Thanks!

You seemed to have changed out quite a few resistors too. Were they out of spec or was this an upgrade like the film caps?

You seemed to have changed out quite a few resistors too
Yes, that was an upgrade, a sort of homage to the fact that Mike it's owner, couldn't believe that I re-resistored my entire AU-D11 II. So I decided to give him a tantalising taste of what this can do to bits of circuitry where it matters the most - almost a private joke between him and me. :D

The joke was on me in the end as although I knew he wasn't going to be using the tuner to any great extent, or at all, I thought he might use the phono input more, I was wrong on this point. :)

Last edited:
Haha the G-7000 has literally been on everyday since i got it back using only the aux input. My marantz cd player has external dac outputs for pc and the tv. Can't believe how nice it sounds. Full bodied, warm and silky smooth with plenty of bass. Makes all my music a pleasure to listen. Its running nice and cool too

The owner of this G-7000, Mike, told me he had bought me a present as a thank you for reconditioning it (he paid as well!). It arrived today - and I am absolutely delighted with it. :thumbsup: - Mike is another one who is so very nice to deal with - when he gives me something to look at, he always provides me with a printed and bound copy of the Service Manual !

It is the clock in the picture below - how nice is that!

IMG_2499.JPG

Proving yet again its always a good time to listen to a Sansui. :D

Thanks Mike :thumbsup:

@sansui88

The owner of this G-7000, Mike, told me he had bought me a present as a thank you for reconditioning it (he paid as well!). It arrived today - and I am absolutely delighted with it. :thumbsup: - Mike is another one who is so very nice to deal with - when he gives me something to look at, he always provides me with a printed and bound copy of the Service Manual !

It is the clock in the picture below - how nice is that!

View attachment 1341818

Proving yet again its always a good time to listen to a Sansui. :D

Thanks Mike :thumbsup:

@sansui88
Nice one John, well deserved, you did do a top job on that 7000......

I like that, "its Sansui time!!"

Back
Top Bottom