G6700 relay replacement

oldguy68

I am trying to replace the relay on the F2980 board and the trace is not matching the pcb drawing.
I have compared it to G5700 and the trace is totally different.
I have searched on the net for pics of the underside but nothing matches.
I am using an Ohmron MY4 02 24vdc.
2332617B-8671-4E7E-89E2-42CCA3FF23B1.jpeg

I had removed a two pole relay that was wired in fron the bottom of the pcb.
A real mess.
Help would be welcome!

Acetone and a 1" disposeable paint brush will clean up that circuit board.

I think all the holes without solder pads are not suppose to be there.

The original relays are not even close to being available for these, I just went through this yesterday with my second G7700 (same Power supply/driver board F2980). I think the original ones were some oddball Fujitsu or something like that...
I used an MY2-02-24, you can chop off the pins that aren't needed.
I remote mounted it near that toasty regulated board cabled it up neatly to the bottom of the board.
I'll take a pic later...
I just cant be bothered paying some horrendous premium for an NOS relay that been sitting around for 30 years...

Those extra holes are all there exactly the same on my F2980 board, I searched and searched for a replacement, tried everything as I thought with all those holes I could get something that would work, but the pinout is a little unusual and not like anything I could find which is currently available...

i wondered what spare pins go to where and where the ones go that would end up being shorted together if used . ? . is there 2 pairs of contacts that can be connected later in case of failure or to make it more robust .
was just a thought .

Would a flange mounted MY2 be easier to remote mount ? Or does it need to be PC pins ?
MY2F -xx-xxxx
Yes, it would, I just used what I had, but if I have to do another one, I think that would be the best solution.

1C5DBE2D-15F6-4FC4-9459-03A981348A34.jpeg 31B58FA4-75E7-49C5-B675-6E6E4027447B.jpeg 2D4D6889-DD72-4263-A6E3-EBB8E8817C9A.jpeg
I patched in a two pole.
Changed a trimmer and adjusted to engage relay but will not disengage on power off.
?????

Here's what I did, I used some of that F2 glue to secure the relay, its in their snug and tight, its not going anywhere, but if it has to come out, that glue is kind of rubbery so can be released with a blade...

Where are you measuring the DC Offset? Looking at that board, the terminals/solder pads nearest the rear of the amp are the speaker feeds from the amp, the middle ones are the 24VDC for the relay coil, and the ones nearest the front go to the speaker selector switch, you need to measure at the Zobel network on the resistor next to the coil, or on those connections nearest the rear of the amp on the relay...
IMG_6401.JPG IMG_6403.JPG IMG_6405.JPG

Changed vr03. Vr01 and 2 do nothing when turned.
Will change the rest tomorrow.
Also relay will not engage now.
Dim bulb starts bright and then dims.
Lights are on and fm will tune but nothing else.
Schematic is stupid.
Reading 4 plus volts on the relay solder pads towards the back of the pcb.
????

Yeah you have a huge DC offset there, the relay will only engage if its less than 2~3VDC.
Did you set the DC offset trimmers in the centre before you turned the amp on?

Yes did that.
10 volts on left
6 volts on right
Turning trimmers has no effect.
33 volts at coil leads on relay.
Relay will not fire
Tried relay at 16 volts from battery source with power off. Relay functions ok.
Rechecking caps, trans, and resistors.
Changed Zd601 zener
Stumped

The relay will not turn on with that much voltage on the output of the amplifier, it needs to be less than 2~3 VDC before the protection will fire the relay.
You have some other issue with the amplifier with that much offset.

I am sorry, I have to ask, which trimmers are you adjusting?

Was this amplifier working before you changed the relay?

Are all the supplies working? There is a different supply for the front end of the power amp, you need to look at those +/- supplies and make sure they are correct.
There are a couple of 18V Zener's which need checking, if one of those is flaky, which happens, it will throw the DC offset way off and you wont be able to adjust it...

Back
Top Bottom