Garage Systems

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Some really nice setups guys.Can I play? I just added a Denon DL-62 turntable a couple months ago.
Dang!!! Nice!!!

The setup today was Adcom GCD-575 - Adcom GTP-400 - Adcom GFA-555 - Polk Monitor 10B. :music:

Attachments

• IMAG1438_1.jpg
    IMAG1438_1.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 88
Last edited:
For now, Sansui AU-G77X amp, Sansui TU-X301i tuner, Denon CD player, JBL L100s, 32" Samsung TV. The digital audio out of the TV goes to a converter that connects to a line level input of the amp.

Rob

Dang!!! Nice!!!

Thanks man.I forgot to mention that's it's all connected to a Sansui switch box which allows me to hook up 10 pairs of speakers,10 receivers,5 turntables and 5 cd players or tape decks and switch them in any combo I want.

Here is mine. Simple but does the job. Optimus SA 155 Minimus.7's
IPhone 414545381461731183724409.jpg

Last edited:
4-2-7 was joking the other day that I had wimpy speakers some old Emerson's so today I got the 7's.
:biggrin:

Here is what my system has evolved into over the summer in my ''Work in progress'' body shop. I know,I know i should be working on the shop and getting it all done and insulated instead of messing around with stereo's!!! but man you got to have good sound in the shop!!!

It got me thinking the other day, Like... when you know how we always hear about somebody getting some beat up or not the best or not functioning quite right speakers or receivers or what not and people say ''Those would make good garage speakers" I started thinking "You know what...99% of time i listen to my music in the garage!"

I was wondering how many of you all agree about my thinking of having some really decent quality gear in the garage(if you spend any time in there) or if not ,maybe in your workplace or shop.

Although i do cringe a bit about winter coming and the cold weather on the gear(those HPM 100's were not easy getting up there! lol) and when the bondo dust starts flying when i get the shop insulated and up and running.

But i know now that i'm going to have the best system i'm willing to sacrifice to the dirty shop and not going back to some crappy speakers and such!!

Keep in mind i have very minimal invested in the gear you see in the pics and its not like i'm going to bring my sticky dome ADS's out here! lol, but these are all CL finds and on the cheap. I'll give a quick rundown of the gear......

1989 Yamaha RX-1130 receiver and cd player (playing in the pics)
Pioneer SG-9500 EQ (for looks only lol)
Pioneer hpm 100's
Phasetech PC-800-HO (there playing in the pics)
Onkyo receiver and crappy sony 5 disc
Velodyne 15'' sub (Cant see in pics but its back there) and barely turned up.. (don't want to mess up the beautiful bass on the phase tech's!!) very impressed with the phase techs!!
TV..(not really sure why its here because i only listen too cd's lol!)

Sorry about the crappy quality of my pics(think its about time i upgrade my 4 yr old smartphone !! Lol) Dang i'm so old school!! lol

Ok,your turn....lets see your garage systems!!
Where's that Velodyne? I've got a 15 incher here in use in a home theater set up, but it never occurred to me to use it in a stereo setting for music. How does your do?

My latest garage system is:

Phase Linear 400 originally owned by Aerosmith to run Steven Tyler's monitors
Carver C1 preamp (sometimes)
Onkyo 6 disc CDP
Onkyo Integra CP-1057F TT
Bose 301, 501 and 601 series II speakers (whichever I feel like hooking up)

Can't use it now as it's buried under a bunch of house stuff put out there while all the remodeling is being done on the inside

gotta have tubes massageing my ears whereever...Eico hf 20 mono amp and a single AR 38 speaker.....does it for me...

hunter

Kenwood KR-V6050 receiver, Kenwood DP-R4450 cd changer, Cambridge Soundworks Ensemble speaker system, and an adapter for my iphone. It gets the job done.

So what, it didn't come out how I wanted it.

You know I really don't have a problem with computers, it is the damn software !

So now you got three posts where there should have been one.

But anyway, this whole thread started last year when some of us still had the AC on. Next week will be the test of those garage heaters if it hasn't already happened. We are about on our fourth tank of propane and got a bigger burner. I hope these outrageous propane prices don't cut into our beer budget too much.

Anyway, my biggest problem with a garage stereo, like any other, is keeping speakers on it. Damn things keep blowing.

But anyway, this whole thread started last year when some of us still had the AC on. Next week will be the test of those garage heaters if it hasn't already happened. We are about on our fourth tank of propane and got a bigger burner. I hope these outrageous propane prices don't cut into our beer budget too much.

Anyway, my biggest problem with a garage stereo, like any other, is keeping speakers on it. Damn things keep blowing.

Just cranked the garage setup over the weekend with the door open.(Detroit hit 50 degrees) How sweet it was to give the system a little heat without creating any problems with the neighbors.(even got a compliment from one!!!) Love It!!

Back
Top Bottom