Garlic

whoaru99

Epic Member
Time for another theme dinner. Five courses with garlic as the featured ingredient. Should be interesting. Maybe Terri and I will decide to sleep separately tomorrow night after that one. OTOH, we'll both be full of it so I guess it won't matter. LOL.

Menu to be announced.

Here is one of your 5. A bunch of garlic slow cooked in a pot of great northerns.

Mmmm...that sounds like a gaseous anomaly in the making, but I'm not doing the cooking. It's put on by a farm-to-table restraurant up the road.

Usually not a white wine drinker but the first course wine, Trimbach Gewurztraminer, I thought was pretty good.

Also, if anyone is looking for a unique dessert wine try that Quady Essensia (Orange Muscat grapes).

That Guwertz is one of the better ones.

I recently had Garlic Scape Pesto which was interesting.

I'm a fan of that Shotfire Shiraz. Nice big old Aussie Shiraz, has moved up in price over the years after consistently good reviews. Nice dinner.

The smell of garlic would waft up the valley sometimes and driving through Gilroy during harvest was intoxicating.

Some of the garlic is grown here in the central valley and trucked in open top wire mesh sided trailers to Gilroy for processing. Several times I've come upon one driving down I-5, and I'll pull in behind partake of that wonderful smell for a mile or two.

We go to a local (well, as in 75 miles from here) garlic festival every year. It's nice and all but it's nowhere remotely on the scale of the Gilroy festival. Maybe we'll get there one of these years. :bowdown:

Time for another theme dinner. Five courses with garlic as the featured ingredient. Should be interesting. Maybe Terri and I will decide to sleep separately tomorrow night after that one. OTOH, we'll both be full of it so I guess it won't matter. LOL.

Menu to be announced.

if your into garlic find a recipe for cream of roasted garlic soup [with leaks]
roasting the garlic mellows the flavor and leaves the sugars making it sweet

it sounds like a lot of work but its not once you've done it a couple times
i use 12 heads [not cloves] roasted in a muffin tin. for 1 large pot of soup

I can't get enough garlic. I like to smell like garlic when I sweat! I took a multi-national cooking class one year. On Italian Day, the visiting instructor had us mince garlic for about 45 minutes, (their was 8 in the class). She took a large loaf of Italian bread, sliced it horizontally, buttered both sides, added about 3/8" of minced garlic, and another 1/2" of flat leaf parsley. Wrapped in foil and baked. Talk about garlic breath, it lasted 3 days!

Potter: Yes, sir, trapped into frittering his life away playing nursemaid to a lot of garlic-eaters. Do I paint a correct picture, or do I exaggerate?
George: Now what's your point, Mr. Potter?

if your into garlic find a recipe for cream of roasted garlic soup [with leaks]
roasting the garlic mellows the flavor and leaves the sugars making it sweet

it sounds like a lot of work but its not once you've done it a couple times
i use 12 heads [not cloves] roasted in a muffin tin. for 1 large pot of soup

A soup like that sounds damn good.

We regularly roast full heads and smear big gobs of that awesome goodness on crostini.

Back
Top Bottom