General Info on TEAC X-1000R RTR

Vintage TX,
1. yes the linkage seems to lifting the pinch roller ok.

2. no, thepitch-control does not change the speed.

3. no, the pinch are hard I had applied some rejuvinating cleaning liquid earlier.

I did notice 1 thing though that is while the tape was playing I lifted the tape lifter while looking in the back and it did not do anything.

thanks

So you can lift up the pinch-rollers very easy with your fingers and they fall down directly again without any resistance ?

The pitch-control should make a difference on playmode, try 3-3/4 speed and engage the pitch-control >> turn it all the way to the left side and check if the speed slows down.

Hard pinch-rollers on this model usually make the tape wander all over..did you try auto-reverse and same result there with high speed ?

hi pal, yes the pinchers falls freely.

the pitch controls do absolutely nothing.

I can squeese the rubbers on the pinch rollers but then again I do not know exactly how soft they should be.

I don't have any foil right now so I couldn't check the auto reverse.

The pinch-rollers should be kind of soft on this model.
But the pitch-control should make a difference.
Take a picture with the headcover off and in playmode, let us see what it does.:scratch2:
You can reverse the side just pressing < on the transport section, that will play side B without sensing foil, check and see what speed problem it has.

Hi All,

Brand new here as of today, and this thread couldn't be more appropriate as I just bought an X-1000R off EBay this morning, and was worrying exactly about things such as service costs for belts and rollers when they will be needed.

Kudos to Vintage for the wonderfully detailed belt procedure; this tells me that I can at least replace that by myself. But I have a question:

Does it make sense to buy new belts and pinch rollers in advance, to keep for that rainy day, or is it counterproductive in terms of them aging by just lying there. This leads to: if I do buy, is there a good procedure for storing them and keeping them fresh?

I have Caig rubber conditioner/cleaner. Would a little application of this combined with storage of the parts in a ziploc with silicone gel packs do the trick?

Any advice is welcomed.

And since this is the Turntable thread as well, proud owner (into the 3rd decade) of a Luxman 131 direct-drive with a Sumiko arm and Grado cartridge :banana:

I look forward to reading and participating here,

Best,
C.

Vintage TX said:
The pinch-rollers should be kind of soft on this model.
But the pitch-control should make a difference.
Take a picture with the headcover off and in playmode, let us see what it does.:scratch2:
You can reverse the side just pressing < on the transport section, that will play side B without sensing foil, check and see what speed problem it has.

hello, I came across some info in a thread last night where you were to as Rolf. I would like to know exactly how you would prefer to be addressed. (thanks)

Ok back to work, I checked the pitch-control again and yes it did slow the tape down a bit but still too fast.

yes, it will reverse in both direction while in play mode.

If the pinch rollers are as soft as you make it seems to be by touch, then I would consider mine hard.

Ok!!!!! would you sugest at this time it would be wise to replace these pinch rollers as the first approach to try and resolve this running away problem?

Please understand that I'm here to abide by your full advice and instructions for I respect your knowledge and the experience you have.

:banana: Ok Boss, ( laugh) lets do it, I looked over this babe real close last night and I believe I can strip her, completely clean her and restore her while awaiting any parts you may recommend that would to be replaced.

thanks for time and help.

hadabogi1:

by the way hadabogi is grampa in korean, the #1 is there bacause my 2 little grand kids said that I'm the best.
( laugh)

image.php

I just noticed your avatar. That's my primary for 2 channel...and the 8 Track can't be beat.

hadabogi1,

If the pitch-control works and reverse play act the same as forward play..the pinch-roller linkage is not fully functional..
Take the head-cover off and put a tape on the deck, press play and take a close up picture of the head-stack and pinch-rollers engaged please.
With a angle showing the capstan axel's on both side.

Cosmic,
Welcome to AK and thanks for your comment.:thmbsp:
I would buy 2 pinch-roller and 2 drive-belts for the future, use a ziplock bag with gelpack inside, nothing else.
A new roller is $ 42.00 each but worth it for the long run if you plan to keep theTeac.:yes:

Dog of Doom,

Yes that's correct model, I tried upload a new avatar with spinning reels, but no luck with a gif-file.
Made this one:
1175.gif

Vintage Tex, This is just what the doctor ordered. This is an awesome thread and the fever and inspiration to give a little love to my RTR's is alive and well. Thank you for taking the time to write and adding pictures gives us a better insight. I look forward to hearing more...Paul

Owner of Teac X-1000R w/ DBX. Teac A-7010, and Akai 747 w/DBX

Thank's Paul, nice collection you have there:thmbsp:
When things slow down a little I will post a new X-1000 R project that's sitting here waiting.

hi Vintage Tx,

I sorry but I won't be able to post any pictures.

I don't know how nor do I have the equiptment it take to do it.

I know you are busy and sincerely tried to help with the little info you got.

My sincere apology for that but many thanks for to you.
please keep up the good work you are doing?

thanks, hadabogi1

Vintage TX said:
Sorry to hear that, would made things easier to trouble shoot.
Hope you can figure it out.:yes:

hi again Vintage Tx, well my friend,I stripped her down completed naked, pc boards and all.

I washed and cleaned pc boards, all electrical components,cleaned and lube\oil all mechanical moving parts.

My baby is clean.
I assembled her back together, turned her on but still the same problem, even though I had installed new belts,pinch rollers and adjusted the speed on the pc board.

After I double check everything I turned her on again and found that the speed s/w is not functioning properly.

Itook her apart again, got another s/w assembled her hit play and their she goes, real quiet, smooth, and sounding like it just she did when I first took her out of the box in Germany 1981.:banana: :banana: :banana: :music: :music: :music: :D :D

stereofisher said:
So thats when they were built. The one I fixed up sounded great. Nice jiob.Eric:music:

Thanks pal,but if I had not come across this forum, saw the beautiful post by Vintage showing the belt replacement and all helping suggestion from those that answered my call for help,I never would would have known where to start.
Many thanks to all.
This was my first time but sure won't be the last,I'll be in there taking much better care of my babe,with regular chech-up and cleaning.
I'll try my best to leave this babe to my grand-son who is now 6 yrs. old and stood beside me all the way, watching me taking my girl apart and cleaning her up.

Yes, guy's he did asked me when he saw all those pieces scattered all over, " grampa are you sure you are going to put it back together and make it work again? (laugh) real funny, but I did it and now he boast that his grampa can fix anything.
Thanks again to all.

hadabogi1

Great job Hadabogi, so the speed-switch selector was bad or the pitch-control ?
Remember it was going too fast and the pitch-control slowed it down.
Lately I have going thru my inventory and thought a long time before doing this, parting out a black X-1000 R. :nono:
DSCF0026.jpg

Back
Top Bottom