Genesis I+

Does anybody know why these speakers are not the right impedance? They test at 4.8Ohms, not 8 like they should be. Which means, they are not even useable for what I wanted them for. Not until I get them to 8 ohms.

AdamAnt316 explained to me in chat that an 8 ohm speaker measures at about 5 ohms, so I went ahead and hooked them up to my Trio W-45. Quite happy :) Finally some good 8 ohm speakers to go with my tube amp.

Last edited:
V-6. I am still happy though, they sound worlds better than what I was using, and probably will be even better after a refoam (don't worry, I am doing pretty light volumes, just for tonight. No more listening after that)

Are the drivers the same as in EPI M100's?

Yes.

Arnie Nudell started Genesis Advanced Technologies, and to my knowledge was never involved with Genesis Physics. Genesis Physics was started by some of the engineering people from EPI after disagreement over the further design of the tweeter. Both companies made virtually the same line for some years.

Both great systems.

Can anybody suggest who I should look at getting my new surrounds from? I had used Geoaliwil on ebay before, but they only sell 6" kits for Genesis with 4 surrounds, which I don't need.

Back
Top Bottom