Gerry & Sylvia Anderson

soundmotor said:
Although not marionette, I think this image summed up Anderson at his Sci-Fi peak:

IMAG0007.JPG

Anyone remember which series this image was part of?

That was from the show UFO, This show was made in 1969 & was set in the year 1980 IIRC.

This was a live action Sci-Fi series about an orginiation called "Shadow" whos main job was to protect the Earth fom alien invaders.

Most of the Gerry Anderson live action shows featured US actors in the lead roles as these shows were made mainley for the US & overseas markets nrather then the UK market were these shows were made.

Most old guys like remember Stingray, Fireball XL5 and the Thunderbirds. But finding anybody who remembers Supercar is very hard. I finally had to go on the net and find a site where I could download pictures of the car and lab. Before my friends would believe. I think it was the first. Great opening song.

Most old guys like remember Stingray, Fireball XL5 and the Thunderbirds. But finding anybody who remembers Supercar is very hard. I finally had to go on the net and find a site where I could download pictures of the car and lab. Before my friends would believe. I think it was the first. Great opening song.

Here's something I found a few years ago...
http://www.aiai.ed.ac.uk/~bat/GA/supercar.html

soundmotor said:
gold_star.gif

Kudos!

That was the peak of Anderson's work IMO.

The boxed set is available now an I think I am going to lay that one back.

I would like to see the Sci Fi channel show some of thier stuff
instead of 4 episodes in a row of SG-1

Back
Top Bottom