Get the Senn/Massdrop HD-6XX

MurrayLives

Born to lose, live to win
Massdrop is selling them for $200 again: simple question, I’ve got the Fostex/Massdrop TH-X00 purplehearts, B&W P7’s, and a pair of HiFiMan HE-400i’s, any reason to also pick up the Senn’s?

The price is so good for those, but I’m not sure I’ll actually gain anything buying them?

I just joined the drop.

The Q701s are my main phones and I have a pair of modded HD518s that I've been telling myself are 'good enough'... and they probably are, but I just couldn't pass on the $200 shipped price.

I also got in on the 1More Triple Driver IEMs a few days ago.

I can't help it! I'm addicted!

I have more experience with the 600s, but I think these 650s/6xxs will be pretty nice for the price. Plus I like their aesthetic a lot more than the 600s

I'll be interested to see how they compare to the 598s and my modded 518s which are nearly identical to the original 598s.

Last edited:
I have more experience with the 600s, but I think these 650s/6xxs will be pretty nice for the price. Plus I like their aesthetic a lot more than the 600s

I'll be interested to see how they compare to the 598s and my nodded 518s which are nearly identical to the original 598s.
I went ahead and got the Massdrop IEM’s instead... that’s where I had a real hole in my stereo stuff.

Which ones? I have a couple decent sets but most everyone is raving about the 1More Triple and Quad drivers unless you are a total bass head which I am not.

Just got mine. Like them so far a lot. The box they came in was so tight it tore into pieces getting the headphones out. Not happy about that.

Massdrop is selling them for $200 again: simple question, I’ve got the Fostex/Massdrop TH-X00 purplehearts, B&W P7’s, and a pair of HiFiMan HE-400i’s, any reason to also pick up the Senn’s?

The price is so good for those, but I’m not sure I’ll actually gain anything buying them?

So how do you like the Purple Hearts? ...I just joined that Drop. Hoping they're good. Should get 'em early next week.

So how do you like the Purple Hearts? ...I just joined that Drop. Hoping they're good. Should get 'em early next week.
They’re good, but I generally prefer to wear the open backs for comfort’s sake. I would buy them again.

Back
Top Bottom