Getting back to vinyl and music time

I was born in '65...heard the Beatles and Elvis, watched the moon landing, was the TV remote, saw the beginings of MTV, made it thru rap, grundge, metal and other music type terms. I always had music playing and amassed a large stash of cassettes and vinyl but lost it to the flood here in '96. I staryed again in these "CDs" back then and stuck with that. Got into motorcycles too, but thats for another forum....thing was I always had time to relax then. Enter marriage, kids and work and that time seemed to fade away. Now that my kids are teenagers I'm getting back into quality time again. Aside from a recent powered two wheeled aquisition, I also bought an old Pioneer SX-6 tuner as I thought those were cool back then...yes, a brick. Also grabbed a Fisher 6224c TT with a decent AT 311 cart.
For me, it's going to be time to take the time to relax and listen to music again...and not just in the car...or cycle. Now to start acquiring some records...

Welcome from a fellow newbie! It is pretty amazing how good vinyl actually sounds on a good system. When I was growing up in the 70's it never sounded as good as it does now!

-Geoff

Back
Top Bottom