Giant Killer gets new lease on life.

Great post Don. If you decide to pass it on, I'd be interested in a crack at it to check it out myself. WAF permitting, I got an evil eye when I was talking about bricktop's SE amp :)

more than the brownie pan at Twangest even!:yikes:

:lmao:

Funny you should mention that, I was just reminiscing about those golden moments when Tox was...toxified. Ahh, memories.

Hey, with a stack of amps like that you could do some stacking!

You guys - I don't avoid conflict at all costs either . . . and I'm not a sycophant.
I figure you pay a college for an education, so why not look at my tube tech education the same way?
This is a great amp, but I've got my eyes on doing up a couple Fisher 30As, and an opportunity came up to pay this one forward, so I took it.

These things have a habit of coming around again though, so I'll keep you in mind kpaxfaq.

Last edited:
You guys - I don't avoid conflict at all costs either . . . and I'm not a sycophant.
I figure you pay a college for an education, so why not look at my tube tech education the same way?
This is a great amp, but I've got my eyes on doing up a couple Fisher 30As, and an opportunity came up to pay this one forward, so I took it.

These things have a habit of coming around again though, so I'll keep you in mind kpaxfaq.

That's what freaked me out about AK, people would give you their knowledge for free. Still amazes me to this day.

Jay, your 'failed' amp project left behind a thread full of discussion about mods that will serve as a guide to others on the long and winding road.

Back
Top Bottom