Glassman

Glassman

Resident minimalist in posts and knowledge. I joined a few years ago after I realized the hobby was more than a passing phase. I don't submit too many posts but I enjoy the community and will jump in now and again if I happen to know something. Always happy to see a local member and have a beer or three.

Current systems:

Upstairs:

Pioneer VSX-47TX Receiver
Sony CDP-C701ES CD Player
Boston A150 Speakers
(The remainder of the "surround sound" system is not worth mentioning)

Downstairs:

Yamaha CA-1000 Amplifier
Toshiba 3906 DVD Player
Sony CDP-C701ES CD Player (not working right now)
JBL L40 (Recently rebuilt and upgraded) or a pair of HPM-100's depending on my mood.

Waiting in the wings:

Sansui 929 turntable if I ever find a place to set it up. *sigh*

Jay

The excuses for the 929 are endless. The feet are gone (common for these turntables and impossible to replace) and I need to reattach one of the dangling weights with some hemostats. Lastly, I need to find a place to set it. Currently I have this nice compact little TV stand with room for the TV, the sources underneath, and the amplifier on a shelf above the TV but that is it. I know, it is a very nice turntable for my first. I really do need to get after it.

Jay

Just curious about your handle. Is it from that minimalist composer? Or do you work in glass? Or is that your last name?

I work in glass; well NEAR glass. I sell the glass but have never actually picked up a torch myself.

Jay

Back
Top Bottom