God Friended Me

The acting and characters pull me through the slower moments on it so far. I hope they keep their focus on the people in the friend suggestions and not too much on family soap opera story lines.
I kind of wish they'd make it a little more of a gray area as to if it could be a person or an AI doing it.
Have audiences gotten so stupid that at the end of episode 3 the son had to ask his dad why he told him that story? I know the character isn't that stupid so it must have been for the audience.
And does every TV show that has a male and female lead have to have feelings blossom between them? I guess in the world the writers live in no two people can spend any time together without getting involved. I pretty much fade away on watching shows once the two main characters (usually cops or private investigators) get involved. Castle and Bones.

Modern version of "Touched by an Angel" ?

Probably more Joan of Arcadia meets everyone is attractive from every CW show. With lots of lens flair shots.

The acting and characters pull me through the slower moments on it so far. I hope they keep their focus on the people in the friend suggestions and not too much on family soap opera story lines.
I kind of wish they'd make it a little more of a gray area as to if it could be a person or an AI doing it.
Have audiences gotten so stupid that at the end of episode 3 the son had to ask his dad why he told him that story? I know the character isn't that stupid so it must have been for the audience.
And does every TV show that has a male and female lead have to have feelings blossom between them? I guess in the world the writers live in no two people can spend any time together without getting involved. I pretty much fade away on watching shows once the two main characters (usually cops or private investigators) get involved. Castle and Bones.

Probably more Joan of Arcadia meets everyone is attractive from every CW show. With lots of lens flair shots.

Look what happened to the Big Bang show - started out with 4 nerds who couldn't get a date - tuned out years ago. Lazy writers

Digging up an old thread here but I have a question I can't figure out about this show.

Since he openly talks about the Facebook account for God on his podcast it makes me wonder if in their world can anyone on Facebook see the 'God account' if they search for it?

If everyone can see the account exists, even if they can't see friend suggestions, wouldn't that be all over the news; at least until Facebook shut it down for not being able to prove it is their real name?

If his account is the only one that can see it then wouldn't he instead be all over the news as being a crazy person for talking about it on his podcast?

In either situation he would be famous as either the only person getting friend suggestions for a visible account named God or being crazy and thinking he sees an account that nobody else does.

Everyone that they talk to about it just acts like it is a normal thing that the account exists. Wouldn't the standard reaction be "What? There's an account named God?" as they grab their phone and search for it.
Also Facebook will lock accounts if you can't prove that is your real name and an account named God would certainly throw up a red flag.

I know it is just a TV show so I should stop over-thinking it but either the writers aren't bright enough to see that it is an issue or they just don't care enough to figure out a good explanation. Writing movies and TV shows must be easy if you can just say "screw it, who cares" whenever you run into something that would take some skill to incorporate into the story.

Clever, must be a business type account where you can pick a 'name' and not have it be a real name. Hadn't thought about that.

But still, if someone with a slightly popular podcast started saying they were getting messages on people that they should help from that account it would make the news.

Last edited:
I liked the show and maybe it is just me being a grumpy old man but most of their story lines are ones where the older people with established ideas are stupid and the millennials ideals are always better. Right down the the back story that the son wouldn't attend his pastor fathers services but was upset that his father wouldn't listen to his anti-religion podcast.
Sure, some of the old ideas they portray aren't right but some are just differences in opinion and they have very dismissive attitude they have towards all of the people that they don't agree with and yet their feelings get hurt if someone doesn't see things their way gets old.

And like just about all shows anymore they move the back story along faster than it needs to be. They could have gone a couple of seasons with it still being a question of if it was a computer or something less earthly behind the account. Although it did seem to make it rain and matched a cloud in the sky to the cloud on the page picture once.

Back
Top Bottom