going to check out some vintage silverface

crazy eights

Bad Moon Bopster
have a chance to pick up an onkyo A10 integrated and T9 tuner, hope it's a beauty, pretty excited, any well known problems i should look for?

have a chance to pick up an onkyo A10 integrated and T9 tuner, hope it's a beauty, pretty excited, any well known problems i should look for?
A high school buddy had an A10 and T9 tuner. Very nice gear, but I have to be honest and say that it didn't sound great powering JBL 4311b's. It certainly could crank, and the T9 tuner was top notch, but that amp and those speakers would make your ears bleed.

Problems wise, and it could happen with any integrated, I remember over time his source selector switch started acting a bit wonky. One channel would cut out sometimes, and he'd have to play with the source selector and try to find a spot between detents to keep both channels working. Probably just a bad switch, and other than that I know he used the A10 and T9 for 20+ years without any serious issues.

mission accomplished, couldn"t resist the price cosmetically beautiful - just dusty, tried it out over at the sellers place and everything worked, all knobs and switches function with no scratchinesss, gonna open it up check around, do some dusting if i'm lucky that's all it needs

going to be playing my digital tube front end thru it powering some second generation B&Ws so that should avoid any treble fatigue, it looks really sharp so i hope it proves to be a keeper

mission accomplished, couldn"t resist the price cosmetically beautiful - just dusty, tried it out over at the sellers place and everything worked, all knobs and switches function with no scratchinesss, gonna open it up check around, do some dusting if i'm lucky that's all it needs

going to be playing my digital tube front end thru it powering some second generation B&Ws so that should avoid any treble fatigue, it looks really sharp so i hope it proves to be a keeper

Congrats, they were both very fine examples of Japanese audio from the 1970's. Certainly well known by those of us into nicer 70's gear, but somewhat under the radar compared to Pioneer, Kenwood, etc.

Nice gear. Seems the A-10 needs better speakers than the 4311s and we'll know soon enough if those B&Ws are a good choice.

got it hooked up and am letting it run in on low volume, unfortunately i haven't found a good way to hook up my powered sub, chances are good i may not need it but it could be a deal breaker for this system, i could always use it in another room, will decide in a few days after the caps get a chance to reform and i can give a good listen, it is a beautiful piece tho whatta tank

the amp is starting to "open up" so far phenomenal drum sound and it's starting to dig down deep into the bass, liking it a lot

jimi hendrix, blues album - born under a bad sign,,,,,,,, woof

welp just lost the left channel but it was sounding mighty fine, decisions decisions, am not advanced enough to trouble shoot without help

edit,,,, and now it's back, gonna clean the mono switch

good morning, sure did, and it worked! don't believe in indiscriminately hosing down the amp so i used contact cleaner on the mono switch the speaker selector an then the source selector
wound up listening low volume way too late :)

probably going to sell off the sub and so far this thing is crushing my luxman R115, maybe the luxman is getting long in the tooth and has been degrading slowly, going to look into it after i get done testing out the onkyo, so far really happy with it

Back
Top Bottom