GOLIATH (Amazon Prime)

I both enjoyed it as well as felt let down. However, it's probably closer to reality in that sometimes the guilty skate and not a damn thing the righteous can do about. Still, would not surprise me at all to see that he is not done in his quest for justice with the same bad guys & gals. Thornton definitely owned the role though and hope it puts him back in bigger pictures. He is really enjoyable to watch, a natural and that goes for just about anything I can recall seeing him in.

Dumb story line and really gross.

I liked the plot not the resolution and could have done with way less surgical voyeurism & gratification. I got the point the first time and would have gotten it again with minor visual cues. Did not need to keep being brought back to it. However, the use of H.R. Puffnstuff was inspired. I never liked that show nor Lidsville. there was always something just a little bit off to them IMO. And what I recall from elementary school which I was in when Puffnstuff was on was that the kids that liked it were weird too. Someday I am going to rewatch them both and see if I can figure out what it was that bothered me and why it seemed so appropriate in how it was used in Goliath.

As mentioned. Season 1 was very good and season 2 a big disappointment. I like courtroom dramas, and he is a lawyer-so why did they sway from that in the second season?

He made it clear early on that he was done with being a lawyer and had to be dragged back into it. He certainly had no financial needs after the settlement from s1. But I agree, I would have liked more of his skills shown again in court rather than the judge's chambers. Still, watched it in 3 nights, 2, 2, then binge. Left me wanting more.

Well we finished Season 1. I found it entertaining but not up to the best TV series. Class B, as Stereophile would say.

Starting season 2. Not seeing the dog.

ok. see him now at the end of the last episode.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom