Gone all Rega

Floyd15

Hi all,well i finally mad the move after years and years of searching.
I have gone all Rega, I now have a Rega p3-24 with psu,Brio_r,Apollo r, and Rega Ela Mk2 half fluted speakers and to me i love it. I have hand had systems costing £1000's the last hif i had was Pink triangle LPT,Magnum pre and power amp,Micromega cd player and Epos es14 speakers yes it sounded really good but tbh i was getting fed up with a mish mash of components and loads of wires.

So now its all tidy and sounding really nice plus with Rega you have really good back up if needed.

Yes when i first started to swap my last hifi for Rega i thought am i doing the right thing will i regret it am i going to lose much in sound? But tbh i havent lost much at all infact it sounds much more musical ok i may have lost a bit of detail and maybe a bit of low bottom end but the bottom end is so controlled now and i can live with out the minor loss in detail, i can now settle down and enjoy it without the constant searching of other components so im happy.

Why didnt i go for Rega before,well you know how it goes peer pressure, too many recommendations,the power of media, i must buy this it cost loads years ago so it must be good i can now afford it now it's older and cheaper,never again!

It may be cheaper gear but goes to show you dont need to spend £1000's to find a decent set up .
So for those on the fence of should i go all Rega? I would whole say go for it these little systems can surprise you but you have to go whole Rega components to get the full sound and it is a mighty sound even the missus said Wow that sounds really good and she happy with the whole look. I wished i done it before to save the £1000's upon £1000's ive spent on gear. I will try and post some pictures on here later.

I IMG_1309.JPG IMG_1310.JPG love my Rega 25,especially the way the tonearm lines up exactly with the tonearm rest when I am bringing it over at the end of a record.

good move...i love the sound of the Rega Brio R. Excellent phono stage.

Last edited:
I have an Brio R, Planar 3, Rega Dac and the digital source is an Apple MacBook. Feeding a pair of Spendor speakers. I have looked at an Apollo R, just haven't pulled the trigger.

This setup is the most enjoyable sound I've ever had in my home. I know exactly what your saying. Very musical, beautiful in fact. Maybe a some loss in overall resolution and detail. But that can be too much also. It is clear but sounds great.

Enjoy your system, I know I am.

Yeah pretty cheap all in but sounds amazing,still makes wonder why i spent £££££'s on exotic equipment,but one thing fir sure i wont be doing it again.

I just went with a Rega Brio-R.\, DAC-R, and a Apollo-R to use for my office system at work. The speakers are Harbeth P3ESRs but have not set anything up yet do to office move. Hopefully next week.

I've been a Rega fan for the past few years. Here's my P9 turntable and Elicit integrated amp. The Saturn CD is below, out of sight in this photo. I can't go all in, though. I'm committed to my ProAc speakers and my Audio Research integrated and phono preamp.

100_6394.JPG

sorry but i have to counter the rega love. beautiful looking turntables that make setup very easy for mass consumers. however it seems that speed control is a must and they aren't so easy to adjust VTA with non-rega carts. the rega carts are a high cost low value proposition compared to other carts on the market.
aside from that there isn't a single piece of rega gear that i have heard that i would buy over something else- including speakers, amplifiers and CD players. especially the speakers. just my humble opinion and experiences.

20170209_135548.jpg I have enjoyed an almost all Rega kit for several years consisting of Exon3 mono blocks, Cursa3 pre, and both the Planet 2000 and later, Saturn cdp. I also have the original Fono preamp, but am currently using a Lounge Audio LCRMKIII with my Micro Seiki BL-21. It wasn't a night and day improvement, but I do think it is better. I do have an RB300 arm the Micro Seiki. I have run this with too many speakers to list (or even remember) ;-)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom