Gone all Rega

Discussion in 'New Gear - Performance' started by Floyd15, Aug 28, 2016.

1. Floyd15

Floyd15 New Member

Hi all,well i finally mad the move after years and years of searching.
    I have gone all Rega, I now have a Rega p3-24 with psu,Brio_r,Apollo r, and Rega Ela Mk2 half fluted speakers and to me i love it. I have hand had systems costing £1000's the last hif i had was Pink triangle LPT,Magnum pre and power amp,Micromega cd player and Epos es14 speakers yes it sounded really good but tbh i was getting fed up with a mish mash of components and loads of wires.

So now its all tidy and sounding really nice plus with Rega you have really good back up if needed.

Yes when i first started to swap my last hifi for Rega i thought am i doing the right thing will i regret it am i going to lose much in sound? But tbh i havent lost much at all infact it sounds much more musical ok i may have lost a bit of detail and maybe a bit of low bottom end but the bottom end is so controlled now and i can live with out the minor loss in detail, i can now settle down and enjoy it without the constant searching of other components so im happy.

Why didnt i go for Rega before,well you know how it goes peer pressure, too many recommendations,the power of media, i must buy this it cost loads years ago so it must be good i can now afford it now it's older and cheaper,never again!

It may be cheaper gear but goes to show you dont need to spend £1000's to find a decent set up .
    So for those on the fence of should i go all Rega? I would whole say go for it these little systems can surprise you but you have to go whole Rega components to get the full sound and it is a mighty sound even the missus said Wow that sounds really good and she happy with the whole look. I wished i done it before to save the £1000's upon £1000's ive spent on gear. I will try and post some pictures on here later.

Musicfan#51, red 111 and Art K. like this.
  2. hugo454

hugo454 Gold Member Subscriber

I IMG_1309.JPG IMG_1310.JPG love my Rega 25,especially the way the tonearm lines up exactly with the tonearm rest when I am bringing it over at the end of a record.

3. red 111

red 111 Active Member

good move...i love the sound of the Rega Brio R. Excellent phono stage.

Last edited: Sep 9, 2016
  4. whyaskit

whyaskit music. Subscriber

I have an Brio R, Planar 3, Rega Dac and the digital source is an Apple MacBook. Feeding a pair of Spendor speakers. I have looked at an Apollo R, just haven't pulled the trigger.

This setup is the most enjoyable sound I've ever had in my home. I know exactly what your saying. Very musical, beautiful in fact. Maybe a some loss in overall resolution and detail. But that can be too much also. It is clear but sounds great.

Enjoy your system, I know I am.

5. Floyd15

Floyd15 New Member

Yeah pretty cheap all in but sounds amazing,still makes wonder why i spent £££££'s on exotic equipment,but one thing fir sure i wont be doing it again.

6. miner

miner AK Subscriber Subscriber

I just went with a Rega Brio-R.\, DAC-R, and a Apollo-R to use for my office system at work. The speakers are Harbeth P3ESRs but have not set anything up yet do to office move. Hopefully next week.

7. miner

miner AK Subscriber Subscriber

As a comparison my home gear is mostly McIntosh/Sonus faber/VPI

8. sqlsavior

sqlsavior AK Subscriber Subscriber

The original Rega Apollo was the first CD player I really liked.

9. Bob_in_OKC

Bob_in_OKC Addicted Member

I've been a Rega fan for the past few years. Here's my P9 turntable and Elicit integrated amp. The Saturn CD is below, out of sight in this photo. I can't go all in, though. I'm committed to my ProAc speakers and my Audio Research integrated and phono preamp.

[​IMG]

10. avanti1960

avanti1960 Well-Known Member

sorry but i have to counter the rega love. beautiful looking turntables that make setup very easy for mass consumers. however it seems that speed control is a must and they aren't so easy to adjust VTA with non-rega carts. the rega carts are a high cost low value proposition compared to other carts on the market.
    aside from that there isn't a single piece of rega gear that i have heard that i would buy over something else- including speakers, amplifiers and CD players. especially the speakers. just my humble opinion and experiences.

11. Sunny61

Sunny61 Active Member

20170209_135548.jpg I have enjoyed an almost all Rega kit for several years consisting of Exon3 mono blocks, Cursa3 pre, and both the Planet 2000 and later, Saturn cdp. I also have the original Fono preamp, but am currently using a Lounge Audio LCRMKIII with my Micro Seiki BL-21. It wasn't a night and day improvement, but I do think it is better. I do have an RB300 arm the Micro Seiki. I have run this with too many speakers to list (or even remember) ;-)

Last edited: Feb 15, 2017