Good sounding cheap Chinese tube amps?

gongli

Musician + Audio Lover
What are some good sounding very affordable Chinese tube amps?
I want to get into tubes for their haunting liquid sound, but don't want to spend too much...

Thanks a mill in advance for the words of wisdom...

Sinovt / Raphaelite

Not the most afortable, but good sound for the price.

Most of these amps uses a tube rectifier, so, you have an old school amp in a new package.

Last edited:
Musical Paradise. Canadian designed, made in China, and use brand name parts. Really good stuff. The guy who makes 'em is an AK'er as well.

TAD-60. Designed by an American who sadly passed away recently. Factory was wiped out by earthquake also. Point to point construction. Not super cheap but a good value compared to MAC.

What are some good sounding very affordable Chinese tube amps?
I want to get into tubes for their haunting liquid sound, but don't want to spend too much...

Thanks a mill in advance for the words of wisdom...

Grant Fidelity is having a closeout sale on some amps. That would be your safest bet.

cubdog

Grant Fidelity is having a closeout sale on some amps. That would be your safest bet.

cubdog

Agreed, the kt88 model that is on closeout would be a fantastic amp to get, actually any of the ones on closeout are a hell of a deal, not sure how many they have or how long it will last, best to get things while the gettings good.

I ordered a Music Angel MENGYUE MINI X1 6P1*8 Push-pull Tube integrated Amplifier from China-Hi-Fi-Audio and am awaiting delivery

$152 with $50 shipping 70 days from China

I'll post on it when it arrives

It should arrive by December

70 days ?.. must be takin' a row boat over..
good buys on the chinese tube integrated's ..
yaqin MC10L.. still workin', lol , and soundin' good into the 4th yr..
if it shoots craps, i guess i got my munny worth..

Hbar

the best antiques are old friends

I ordered a Music Angel MENGYUE MINI X1 6P1*8 Push-pull Tube integrated Amplifier from China-Hi-Fi-Audio and am awaiting delivery

I own that exact same amp, and am currently using it in an AV system. You probably will want to roll the tubes when you get it.

It sounds really nice, and I have been using it daily for over two years without a single issue.

Be prepared for it to produce an acrid odor for the first few days of use, this thing runs hot and I believe some of the coatings emit a smell when heated.

I also love this printing on the top of the power supply "Life is alourmey through a desert without music". Oh well they tried.............

Im on my second Music Angel amp. The sound quality is amazing for its price point. My first was the EL84 PP and now i have the YC-808MK, KT88. IMO very nice amps and low cost too.

I also ordered mine from hi-end.on9mart.com amd the delivery time was IIRC 8 - 10 days

I'm liking Antique Sound Lab,they also have a Canadian distributor. 5 watts per channel in triode...liking it with klipsch Cornscalas.[See my avatar]

Sincere thanks to all the posters! I will definitely try to check out as many as possible - read up on them, and hopefully get one soon...

I read good things about the Onyx sp3 - how does it compare to kt88?

Which one is more liquid smooth?

I have one of these and work and it works great; the only thing I would say to knock it is that the tubes seem to be a Chinese only type thing, so no realy upgrade / tube rolling in this amp.

I have one of these and work and it works great; the only thing I would say to knock it is that the tubes seem to be a Chinese only type thing, so no realy upgrade / tube rolling in this amp.

I think the 6P1 can be subbed with 6AQ8's.

Mike

I'm about 35 hrs into my Yaqin MC10L and I really, really like it. It's got the soundstage I wanted and things just seem to be getting better as it gets more hours on it. I have some new tubes on the way for it but so far the stock ones are okay.

Line Magnetic Audio (LM Audio). I own the LM 216IA, a wonderful integrated tube amp. Devore Fidelity uses these amps to pair with his speakers. See my review here..
http://www.audiokarma.org/forums/showthread.php?t=430570

You have great taste in gear. I love the Line Magnetic tube amps (216IA, 218IA) although I am not sure I would classify them as cheap. By virtue of their performance vs much more expensive tube gear I can see it though.

Back
Top Bottom