Goodbye Post

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well here’s my current experience. Any info I cannot find in a search seems to be answered ridiculously fast. I have had the opportunity to meet many AK’ers on the (outside) maintaining a friendly relationship with some. I’ve bought and sold on Bartertown with good results. I thoroughly enjoy the threads, post, comments, and differences of opinion, I don’t think there is any other hobby as subjective as audio, it’s like arguing over a favorite color.
I look at it this way, if your the kind of person that consistently writes nasty, negative post on social media your life has to be unbelievable miserable. For some reason I take satisfaction in that so the negativity is viewed as comical or sympathetic, like in (poor fellow, I wonder if they know their an ***hole).
The very last thing that’s going to even remotely effect me in anyway is some random encounter on social media.
The best part of it, all is the knowledge and positivity has lead me to expand my hobby which has lead me to explore different genres of music. I would say my taste in music has grown exponentially since joining AK, music as a whole has become much more intimate.

Expressed so well! :thumbsup: My sentiments exactly, and I know I'm not alone in my POV as supported by the pos posts to date.

Q

Let me just add this, one needs to separate the wheat from the chaff and that's not done in one post, thread, day, week or month. Some people may not get along over a topic or a perceived opinion of who that person is in a short period of time online.

I know I have had disagreements with members and some that I just thought where a-holes. But maybe I then seen something they have done that I thought was an outstanding gesture and a show of compassion I though was never possible. Or even stepped up to help me in away or show me they are just like me in a certain respect or have gone though something I did and are there for input.

I have had member I never got along with for the longest time become friends because we got to know each other better. The main thing is who are the people online? Are they there to be open to making friends? are they letting you know who they are? It's a lot easier for someone to be a dick head when they don't invest time and in other people.

I find the ones that don't make friends and followers, don't let you know who they are and are secretive tend to be the ones that can easily be an a-hole to everybody. The loner mentality and lack of social interaction is a clear indication of someone who can't get along with others in person or online. If they have been here for years or many post over a short time and you look in their profile and they have no friends there is something wrong. On the old formate someone wanting to be a friend needed to request it and you would accept it or not. The new formate people can just click follow and they are following you.

Well on a site this large if no one is liking what they see from your post and following you, you could be nasty and not being a nice person online.

If your not following others and making friends, well you just might not be here to have friends.

"On the old formate something wanting..." - I miss that.

Never forget that social interaction here in this forum is like sitting on a long long virtual bar. On the other end of this long bar is sitting a real human being. That said - don't withdraw from this fantastic "pub" thoughtlessly.

:beerchug:

Never forget that social interaction here in this forum is like sitting on a long long virtual bar. On the other end of this long bar is sitting a real human being. That said - don't withdraw from this fantastic "pub" thoughtlessly.

Lets look at me a Chris, I remember when I first got here we didn't see eye to eye a couple of times. However you stared a post on your mother and some issues you where going though taking care of her. Well I just got done taking care of my mom as she had passed away, so I had a lot of input for Chris in his thread.

Chris saw a different "Me" he also saw how close we are in life experience, compassion and age, as I did about him. From that point forwards we have become the best of friends a half a world apart.

And get this Chris and I don't see eye to eye on many things in life and current events. But this is the kicker we love each other for the inner people we are , we both have a lot of love and compassion for others and are just good people. This is the bond Chris and I have and that's all that really matters anyway.

My Brother from another Mother.

Can you hear me?:p
c042.gif

Let me just add this, one needs to separate the wheat from the chaff and that's not done in one post, thread, day, week or month. Some people may not get along over a topic or a perceived opinion of who that person is in a short period of time online.

I know I have had disagreements with members and some that I just thought where a-holes. But maybe I then seen something they have done that I thought was an outstanding gesture and a show of compassion I though was never possible. Or even stepped up to help me in away or show me they are just like me in a certain respect or have gone though something I did and are there for input.

I have had member I never got along with for the longest time become friends because we got to know each other better. The main thing is who are the people online? Are they there to be open to making friends? are they letting you know who they are? It's a lot easier for someone to be a dick head when they don't invest time and in other people.

I find the ones that don't make friends and followers, don't let you know who they are and are secretive tend to be the ones that can easily be an a-hole to everybody. The loner mentality and lack of social interaction is a clear indication of someone who can't get along with others in person or online. If they have been here for years or many post over a short time and you look in their profile and they have no friends there is something wrong. On the old formate someone wanting to be a friend needed to request it and you would accept it or not. The new formate people can just click follow and they are following you.

Well on a site this large if no one is liking what they see from your post and following you, you could be nasty and not being a nice person online.

If your not following others and making friends, well you just might not be here to have friends.

Very well expressed, gentlemen! :beerchug:

-Dave

OP:

I have searched high and low and I can tell you without a shadow of a doubt you will not find a more dysfunctional group of people than the crowd assembled in here, the coo-coo's nest known as AK.

I've been to other joints and no thanks. Too much hot steam in there, and yes some even wear their underwear three sizes too tight. You'll also find the token fan clubs that always agree with everyone so they can be with the "in crowd".

Ya ya, there's all kinds of a-holes, even in here. But they're AK a-holes, which make them special. :D
I guarantee you that you will not find a worse forum :).

Just learn to deflect the crap and you'll be alright. Really.

Look at me. :)

ps: If you must go, I wish you well. May the wind be on your back and the music in your soul. Cheers!

Wow man, it's getting pretty deep in here.
c020.gif
Chris loves the yin and yang symbol, I guess I could have skipped the one with the hearts in it... but we love each other. Besides it's light and darkness, good and evil and the hearts had a bigger area of good in the darkness side.

And in this case do I need to explain here who out of the two of us is on the light and darkness sides....:rolleyes:

Chris loves the yin and yang symbol, I guess I could have skipped the one with the hearts in it... but we love each other. Besides it's light and darkness, good and evil and the hearts had a bigger area of good in the darkness side.

And in this case do I need to explain here who out of the two of us is on the light and darkness sides....:rolleyes:
I once dated two sisters in high-school named Yin and Yang.

Fun times. :D

If it was always one big love fest here where everyone agreed and got along I wouldn't hang out. All that niceness is fine and dandy, but I like a little dust up from time to time. Sometimes I'm wrong and someone puts me in my place and sometimes I'm right and will hold my ground. Life isn't a safe space, you have to have a thick skin

Last edited:
couple of things you can do:

Ignore them using your profile page - I use this for the Thread Crappers who have nothing
to contribute, add crap to your pages, and are generally wrong about their contributions
(like cap/burn-in deniers) and if their posts disappear in your views then no loss.

report them for any infraction (calling others liars, and making stuff up -
(like that those who crap on speakers they've never heard and dump on everyone))

and if they introduce bad/misleading/crap information, call them out and address the
issue with facts. (like the guy who can visually identify "obvious counterfeits")

I usually use humor to counter these guys but I avoid the angry ones.

at some point you will find others who think and feel the same
and these are the folks that keep AK's spirit.

so stay and enjoy the music

Thanks guys, but I really have to point this out, this here is very old & apparently resurrected topic. I did leave for couple of months & now I'm back. So let's just put this behind us & focus on what matters, music & audio hardware :beerchug:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom