1. Welcome to the new server. If you would like to help out with the cost of the new server, check out the thread "Audiokarma's server needs your help" in AK NEWS.
    Dismiss Notice

Goodwill KLH model 4132 speakers - $4.99

Discussion in 'Dollars and Sense' started by SpeakerLabFan, Mar 23, 2007.

1. SpeakerLabFan

SpeakerLabFan < speakerlab 7's Subscriber

I saw these 3-way speakers tonight at GW, and I figured I couldn't go wrong for $4.99 so I brought them home and hooked them up to the G-5000 with Paul McCartney's Venus and Mars, cranked it way up, and they sound pretty darn good :music: :music: - good enough for my work bench area for awhile. I haven't done any research - anyone looked at these Model 4132's?

The condition of the cabinets is another story - scratched to hell and with snowboarding stickers pasted everywhere. But the drivers are good, and the grill covers / cloth are good (although one is bent). It looks like these speakers have had a hard life with at least one or more teenager owners.

Here's some pictures:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. doctorbongo

doctorbongo Super Member

And to think, (not that I make a habit of it after a long week, made longer by piling a bunch of work up BEFORE my weeklong vacation by the poolside), you coulda spent that 5 bux on a coupla Big Macs ...

3. SpeakerLabFan

SpeakerLabFan < speakerlab 7's Subscriber

Yeah, true but I probably couldn't turn around and flip a pair of Big Macs for $25 which is probably what I'll try with these bad boys this weekend. :D

4. Robisme

Robisme Sansui Enthusiast Subscriber

Probably MTX. But for 5 bucks, why not.

Rob

5. Toasted Almond

Toasted Almond R.I.P - November 17, 1952 - April 19, 2016

Not exactly vintage KLH, but for $5, I'd use them in the garage to stack equipment on top of rather than on the floor.