Got a pair of Eico HF-12 in good cosmetic condition

vaathi

baski
Subscriber
Hi all... One of my coworker who knows that I am into Vintage Audio equipment suddenly pops the question. Do you want a pair of Eico HF-12s. I said Yes immediately..:banana::banana::banana:. He forgot to bring them for couple of days and finally today is the day. I picked up the amps and they are in working condition and also some kinda recap work is already done with. He thinks the tube maybe the issue in one amp's right channel. Well I have tons of EL84s and some russian ones too. So I am covered there..
He then makes me an offer I could not refuse even though I am under constant watch by my own personal voldemort. Wait for it.. Are you interested in Electrovoice Royal 400 speakers which were used with these amps... Well I said Yes again... :jump:Now I need to sneak them into my storage in the backyard...

Last edited:
I have 2 of them I restored/recappecd that I am selling to an AKr here in bay area.
also have 1 in waiting for resto. or sell.
please post pics of yours

Attachments

• IMG_0631.JPG
    IMG_0631.JPG
    65.8 KB · Views: 60
  • IMG_0634.JPG
    IMG_0634.JPG
    86.8 KB · Views: 59
  • IMG_0635.JPG
    IMG_0635.JPG
    73.7 KB · Views: 56
Last edited:
@ferninando... I have seen your Eicos in person when I came to pick up VTA tube boards couple of months back and they are wonderful specimen and brass polish is fantastic. After I saw your Eico HF-12s I always wanted one and got it yesterday for free :)

Pictures of my Eicos

IMG_6829.JPG IMG_6823.JPG IMG_6827.JPG

I have one and it sounds fantastic. I had wanted to find another to use them as monoblocks, but never got around to it.

Those are in very nice shape! I have a pair next up in the queue. Love how they look and from what I understand, great performers once rebuilt.

you really got some nice ones vaathi. all orig so no need paint. couldnt do that with mine.
your brass is fine too.
they sound good but not powerhouses but with PP 6bq5 outputs they are great small system amps
with some nice small eff. spkrs.
Congrats on a great find. FOR FREE!! WOW.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom