Got Martin's? Not Logan

If those are the ones in North Carolina listed at $275 I personally would have to pass. I do not think they will sell at that price so offer $100 maybe if you are willing to pay the shipping. Poor user rating and not enough photos to entice me.

Yeah, I'm not chasing this pair of speakers whatsoever, but the design does intrigue me nonetheless. Dual 8" woof, decent looking mid, PRT tweeter, tone controls - - all in a good-looking and robust cabinet build.

I don't blame you at all. Martin cabinets are built very well and most reviews are favorable, so I would suggest that when you come across any model at a good price that you grab them, give them a listen, and restore or resell at your discretion.

Hey Mike, it's great to see you active on AK again. I hope that life and business have been good to you lately. I am now more inspired than ever to start restoring my set, they deserve it and will not be going anywhere. Thank you again for everything you do! :bowdown:

I have a pair of TL-1650s, one of which has a blown woofer. Would love to find a replacement woofer (or purchase 1 working speaker). These are still my favorites...

I finally got around to moving my stash into the house, kid's moved out, again. I thought I would share the Martin Gamma 1500 S speakers I picked up a year or so ago.

I was wondering if anyone else has some 60's or 70's Martin's here on AK. I think Saratoga48 has some, maybe he will see this post.

I like them a lot and cannot wait to put new cloth on the grills, re-cap, and enjoy. They are in darn good condition except for a couple of dings on the corners and the previous owners guitar fell into one of the woofers and punctured it in a couple of places. Hopefully I can remove the previous repair and make it less noticeable.

Of course I would like to thank Mike over at Martin Speakers for his responses to my inquiries, what a great guy! Here is a link to the "Exorcist" which is where the Gamma 1500 was born if I remember correctly.

http://photobucket.com/images/Exorcist+Martin+Speakers/?page=1
Hello

Attachments

• 024C3E9F-CB77-4B64-B518-4279C369D954.jpeg
    024C3E9F-CB77-4B64-B518-4279C369D954.jpeg
    43.4 KB · Views: 68
  • 51B1C493-280A-4678-A357-5AC815FF2E6D.jpeg
    51B1C493-280A-4678-A357-5AC815FF2E6D.jpeg
    39.8 KB · Views: 68
Yesterday I picked up a pair of Exorcist from a lady in North Jersey. They are in near pristine shape. I have been hunting for these ever since I started collecting Martins. They are my 14th pair....

Hot Damn! Congrats on scoring a pair of Exorcist's. Since your hunt is over you can begin to enjoy them. Thanks for sharing, and welcome to AK. :thumbsup:

@Ctdraper, how does the sound quality of the Exorcist's compare to your orher Martin speakers?
Hello. They are all wonderful in their own way. From the little 204’s with their crisp highs to the soundstage of the Towers and everything in between. This particular speaker has 15 woofers that definitely emphasize the bass. And the Foster Piezo tweeters add a nice crisp high.

Last edited:
I bought a pair of Gamma SSS a few weeks ago, and I am loving them. I have emailed Mr. Martin a few times and he is great at responding! kudos to him! If anyone has any info/specs/original pricing on these I would be happy to hear it! It is hard to find info on these!

A
IMG_20190127_163709.jpg

Last edited:
Congratulations on your Martin's @cassette!
It seems like finding any model of Martin speakers is very slim here in the USA. Hopefully you will be able to obtain a bit more info about them. I hope you enjoy them and thanks for sharing!

I also sort of want to brag on the speaker stands.. ha ha ha. I found a 3 ft by 1.5 foot cutting board that was 1.5 inches of butcher block. That and some free PVC from ACE hardware and here we go! I need to finish the stands.
Most important- I like the speakers! I think it is cool there is an area in AK for them. So, just curious.. are they a bigger thing in overseas than here?? Like, maybe Jamos are run of the mill in Denmark?
A

I'm not knowledgeable about the marketing of Martin speakers, but for some reason I believe they were mainly sent to the European countries if I'm not mistaken. Maybe Mr. Martin would be able to provide that information.

I bought a pair of Gamma SSS a few weeks ago, and I am loving them. I have emailed Mr. Martin a few times and he is great at responding! kudos to him! If anyone has any info/specs/original pricing on these I would be happy to hear it! It is hard to find info on these!

A
View attachment 1400618
Beautiful!! I saw these on eBay and I was actually going to pull the trigger and buy them. I am happy for you. I literally have 16 pair of Martins. They are that good! And by the way I saw the posting on Facebook today to Mike Martin. I think we should have a Facebook forum on these wonderful speakers.

Wow, that would be an awesome collection! :) They do seem hard to come by so you must have had some good luck!

A

Back
Top Bottom