Got Martin's? Not Logan

These are my new Gamma SSS picked up for $80 locally (NYC) area, very clean pair, still tweaking but think they are keepers.

Attachments

• IMG_20190322_142831.jpg
    IMG_20190322_142831.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 45
  • IMG_20190322_172714.jpg
    IMG_20190322_172714.jpg
    26.1 KB · Views: 47
  • IMG_20190322_172739.jpg
    IMG_20190322_172739.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 44
That's a a great deal, I would have grabbed them also. The look like they're in nice condition and I hope that you enjoy them!

Yesterday I picked up a pair of Exorcist from a lady in North Jersey. They are in near pristine shape. I have been hunting for these ever since I started collecting Martins. They are my 14th pair....
Hey Charles, it's Robert the guy who sent you the link to those, hope your enjoying them

Trying to set up a Facebook group, but don't know anyone's contact info, if interested send me your info and I'll send the invite, maybe we can get it going.

I just created, a Facebook group for Martin Speaker owner and enthusiast's. Search for Martin Speakers (duh) and I will add you. Looking forward to seeing everyone's post's.
Regards, Robert Garofal

I bought a pair of Gamma SSS a few weeks ago, and I am loving them. I have emailed Mr. Martin a few times and he is great at responding! kudos to him! If anyone has any info/specs/original pricing on these I would be happy to hear it! It is hard to find info on these!

A
View attachment 1400618
Hey cassette, have you gotten anywhere with the additional info you were looking for?? I just scored a pair of these and was looking for the same info

I haven't been able to find much, although I think they are 4 ohm speakers. I am just going to enjoy them. Yours look a lot like mine, although your surrounds are a bit different. I have no idea what it means, but the burnt orange looks cool!

In comparison with other speakers.. my daughter has these ahead of NHT 1.5s, Klipsch kg4, and Jamo C103. Your mileage may vary with your room.

A

I finally got around to moving my stash into the house, kid's moved out, again. I thought I would share the Martin Gamma 1500 S speakers I picked up a year or so ago.

I was wondering if anyone else has some 60's or 70's Martin's here on AK. I think Saratoga48 has some, maybe he will see this post.

I like them a lot and cannot wait to put new cloth on the grills, re-cap, and enjoy. They are in darn good condition except for a couple of dings on the corners and the previous owners guitar fell into one of the woofers and punctured it in a couple of places. Hopefully I can remove the previous repair and make it less noticeable.

Of course I would like to thank Mike over at Martin Speakers for his responses to my inquiries, what a great guy! Here is a link to the "Exorcist" which is where the Gamma 1500 was born if I remember correctly.

http://photobucket.com/images/Exorcist+Martin+Speakers/?page=1

I have owned a pair of Martin #440 Super Spectrum Slopes since August 1973. I've got nothing but good things to say about these babies, and they're the go-to speakers for my home system. They've been re-coned a couple of times since the day!

Back
Top Bottom