Grabbed a G6000

dobyman

Turntable Addict
I grabbed a very dirty G6000 this morning and its going to need a lot of TLC, and it is missing the Volume knob! Anybody know where I can get a replacement knob for it?

What a great receiver. I have one that spent 15 years as my work system backstage at the theater I worked in. It could wake up the entire backstage area with my DCM CX-17s. One day I came in to work and it was dead. It is second on my repair list after my Sansui Model Eight. Knobs will show up here on Bartertown and also on eBay.

This one is going to need a lot of deoxit, Q Tips, and a toothbrush! I am determined to bring it back. The major holdup is the volume knob. Seriously how do you lose the biggest knob on the receiver??
BTW I have a Sansui 8DL here that I love!! Playing through a set of Heresys !

I used to be a subscriber. I just need to renew it. I ended up buying a tuning knob that I will “alter” to fit until I find a volume knob.
Thanks to all for the replies.
Steve

I would check the parts section of the repair manual for the G6k and G7k to see which knobs they share. It may turn out that the volume and tuning knobs are the same.

I would check the parts section of the repair manual for the G6k and G7k to see which knobs they share. It may turn out that the volume and tuning knobs are the same.
I actually found a tuning knob from a G5000, and according to the SM, its the same part numbers as the G6000. Ill make it work temporarily until I find a volume knob.

The tuning knobs and the volume knobs are identical as far as I know. They are on my G8000. Is the knurling design different on the G5000 knob?

There’s a groove/notch on the volume knob to show where it’s at. And the volume knob has a splined shaft where the tuning knob has a round shaft with a groove in it. But it’s all doable.
sansui-g-5000-front.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom