Great "Every Day Carry" knives

As Steve Martin once said, "Let`s get SMALL !"
Been carrying and using this nice little Buck for close to 40 years. When new, it once slipped out of my pocket, but I was able to find it, and immediately made a leather rough-out case for it, kept it secure in the pocket all these years....

upload_2017-2-8_21-56-34.png

upload_2017-2-8_21-58-2.png

As Steve Martin once said, "Let`s get SMALL !"
Been carrying and using this nice little Buck for close to 40 years. When new, it once slipped out of my pocket, but I was able to find it, and immediately made a leather rough-out case for it, kept it secure in the pocket all these years....

View attachment 865551

View attachment 865553

Is that a Colt? I used to have one of those years back. Great little knife.

What are your thoughts on the serrated blade of this knife? I have an older cold steel "el lobo" with similar serrated blade and really like the serrations. I would say close in performance to the Spyderco style serrations.

thanks!
I call that Voyager "a folding chain saw", I once cut a 7-pound roast beef in half with it, was shocked at how effective it is against meat (!) Decided at that point to carry it only for defensive purposes (with a 5 1/2" blade, it would be quite devastating), so it never saw work duty....I have many other knives that would work well in that capacity.
The small Buck with the half-serrated blade is extremely useful, makes short work of nylon rope, etc., and it doesn`t alarm the sheeple.... :)

I don't carry this one much, but looks cool.
Anodized bronze titanium, Chris reeve sebenza 25.

MUCH rather prefer the chris reeve sebenza 21 with wood inlays.

In my opinion the finest knives made.

Very few parts, easily (recommended by maker chris reeve) dissambled, highest tolerances in the knife market (exceeds aerospace tolerance), and great customer service, made in idaho.
They open and close like a bank vault, blade will never wiggle (thanks to the extreme tolerance).

Today, another Benchmade, the Model 755 ("Mini Pocket Rocket"), overbuilt from titanium and Bohler M390 steel, it`s a tough customer....

upload_2017-2-18_12-41-56.png

A Chinese Uncle Henry Lock Back 1(LB1). Not the best quality (blade play, had to superglue in the 3 brass bolsters?/pins, and I removed the keychain holder bc it was junk). Nevertheless a small functional (until it breaks causing me to cut myself lol) lockback. The older U.S. made Uncle Henry lockbacks are real nice. Ive got the newer Chinese made LB1 and LB7 and the older U.S. made LB3 and LB5. The Chinese LB7 is decent. Blade centered, "zero" blade play, and smooth enough (it aint no Reeves or Spyderco View attachment 868558 though).

I'll never carry a Chinese-made Schrade; I know Stewart Taylor of Taylor Brands too well.

I've had this Schrade Tradesman TM7 mini lock back, made at the old Imperial plant in Ireland pre-bankruptcy, on my keychain for over a decade, and it is still going strong with no repairs and no issues. Even the keychain bail. The handle ain't purty, but it continues to get the job done.

image.jpg

Flying today. I feel naked.
Strange days, indeed. I prefer the times when they automatically gave you a little 4-pack of free cigarettes as you boarded the plane (!). Once, when I was in Florida, (pre-1970s) I bought a nice little Barretta .22 auto pistol in a Montgomery Wards Department store, just slipped it into my pocket, and carried it home like that on the plane....no muss, no fuss :)

Back
Top Bottom