Great "Every Day Carry" knives

I got my Leatherman as a anniversary gift from work years ago, after that I retired my Swiss army. --
Prob. Posting pic. Sorry.

Best-

Boozehound

Last edited:
Does a Leatherman tool count? I carry this every where I go:

71Wb%2BJ3i91L._SX425_.jpg

Bought it long ago and had only 1 tool fail (the tiny eyeglass screwdriver). I think it must be out of warranty now to fix.

They have bit replacement kits available. I've been carrying a wave for 15 years, replaced the bits twice in that time.

Nice knife....betcha a cup of coffee it`s made by Kershaw....

I tried to do a bit of research on it on some knife forums, and my god did this knife cause some controversy. All the way to the point someone got Crucible to admit they do export S35vn steel to China. The common consensus was that this knife was made by CH Knives, which makes another popular budget s35vn folder, the CH 3504. They could very well be one of the Chinese manufacturers contracted by Kershaw.

I tried to do a bit of research on it on some knife forums, and my god did this knife cause some controversy. All the way to the point someone got Crucible to admit they do export S35vn steel to China. The common consensus was that this knife was made by CH Knives, which makes another popular budget s35vn folder, the CH 3504. They could very well be one of the Chinese manufacturers contracted by Kershaw.
Like many others, I used to look down at most knives coming out of China, but the last few years has seen a remarkable emergence of VERY high-quality knives from them. Companies like Kizer, Reate, Carson Tech, Stedemon, and others are turning out some seriously nice product at a very fair price. Made in modern workshops using CAD/CAM technology, super-premium blade steels (CPM S35V seems to be the current favorite), 3D-machined titanium handles (many nicely anodized). Nice stuff indeed !

My Chinese made Boker Plus Gent is an excellent EDC. It's not the country where a product is made. It's the company making the product.

-Dave

And there some off brand knives coming out of China that are quite impressive.

I have two Eafengrow branded knives from Amazon. One is an obvious knockoff of my Spyderco UKPK and one is an older school, woodworker type knife.

If the Spyderco knockoff had brass or copper bushings like the real one and a slightly different break angle of the clip, I'd like it equally as my Spyderco.

I think I'll grab one of those LA Police gear jobbies though it's a bit larger than I prefer.

Last edited:
I bought this from a check out display at Ace Hardware for around 7 bucks. Needed a knife and bought the first thing I saw. It's crazy how well it holds an edge. Just dumb ass luck. It's an Appalachian Trail or el cheapo. Had it for 10 years and was the one I carried every day for 9.

29409117977_688f64b090_b.jpg

Hadn`t purchased any new cutlery in quite a while, so about a month ago I picked up this Kizer Roach. So far, I am VERY impressed with this knife. IMHO, reasonably priced (around $85), quality, fit, and finish are very good, steel is VG-10 (a decent Japanese premium steel), strong construction, with liner locks and 3D-machined handle scales. Very ergonomic, feels good in hand. Slightly beefy for an EDC, but I really don`t object to that.
I`ve done a bit of food prep with it, it has great slicing ability. I would definitely recommend this for a good working knife.

upload_2018-9-8_1-41-11.png

I ordered that LA Police Gear knife from a couple posts back. Nice, but a bit big for me for every day.

Also ending up ordering a couple more fairly cheapies. An Ontario Rat II and a Spyderco Byrd Meadowlark 2. Both are very good values at roughly $20-$25.

I've had a full size Rat for several years as a truck knife and knew what to expect.

The Byrd stuff gets uneven reviews. Mine was slightly rough around the edges. Literally. A couple minutes with some sandpaper and a couple more with a small round file and it's a great knife for 1/3 the cost of a Delica and slightly smaller.

image.jpg
I've been carrying this Gerber US1 since I bought it last month; it's the little brother of the Gerber Commuter I posted up-thread. It has done great at holding a sharp edge. It is very light, and small enough to fit in the small patch pocket on the front of my Levis.

20181018_112058.jpg 20181018_112050.jpg Hey
I just got my new Benchmade 390sbk socp 4.5.
Man is this thing a beast. I think this is going to a popular model for them.

Get your hands one and see what you think. Just my .02. Eric

When I' not working, I carry this Spyderco UKPK. Locking knives are prohibited in the UK so Spyderco came out with this line of non-locking knives.

And I always try to buy local when I can so thankfully, this was made on earth. Says so right on the blade.

:tongue:

I always carry a knife, unless it prohibited. One of Man's oldest tools.
Here are some of my daily carry knives.
Spyderco Paramilitary, Spyderco Delica 4, (love these), Victorinox Climber, (awesome) and a Spydero Dragonfly in stainless.

View attachment 642376

SAK Tinker, Spydie Calypso Jr.

View attachment 691380

A Spyderco Dragonfly 2 ZDP-189 has been my EDC knife since May. It's a small knife that feels like a big knife in your hand.

-Dave

View attachment 844490

Here's another of my regulars. It's a Spyderco from the 2" and under airline carry days ironically named the "Co-pilot".
View attachment 921735

Today`s ridealong is a Spydie Calypso Jr. from around 1995. Handy little knife, weighs next to nothing....

View attachment 1121895

The nexus of Spyderco’s design was a working knife for his one handed brother, an electrician irrc. The clip is for easy access. Deep carry makes it harder to retrieve when you’re on your knees. The thumb hole was for one handed opening to save his teeth from more chipping. The imitators had to use the thumb stud to avoid patent infringement. Spyderco’s design was genius and I’m OK with the clip.

Hey
Speaking of spyderco knives.
View attachment 1124935 View attachment 1124936
C36gpbk
Eric

I am usually a Spyderco Para2

View attachment 1165755 I have had this one about 25 years...i carry a nitcore led...i have 3 or 4 of thoseView attachment 1165755

I send my 50/50 serrated Spyderco Wayne Goddard in every couple of years for sharpening. The G2 stainless isn’t too hard to keep sharp on the smooth part, but they do a much better job on the serrated part than I can do with a little triangle stone.
View attachment 1166300

Refreshing the thread & yes, went thru the entire string,...some really nice EDCs in here.

Decided to go the Spyderco route. Feels comfortable, well-thought out features and excellent price point.

Found this Spyderco Dragonfly2 ZDP-189 steel today on CL for a fair price. Profession doesn't call for EDC but could get used to carrying this. Nice piece of kit that is light and I like the low profile clip.

Video below sold me.

FC1A2178.JPG

FC1A2179.JPG

FC1A2180.JPG

FC1A2181.JPG

Have no afflis w/ Spyderco.

Back
Top Bottom