1. Work behind the scenes continues. AK may go offline again for additional database and or Xenforo fixes.
    Dismiss Notice

Great "Every Day Carry" knives

Discussion in 'Sports & Outdoor Adventure' started by BruceRPA, Dec 29, 2014.

1. Boozehound

Boozehound AK Subscriber Subscriber

I got my Leatherman as a anniversary gift from work years ago, after that I retired my Swiss army. --
    Prob. Posting pic. Sorry.

Best-

Boozehound

Last edited: Aug 5, 2018
    DeeCee and James Hart like this.

Please register to disable this ad.

2. MaxxVolume

MaxxVolume AK Subscriber Subscriber

Along for the ride today, a little number from Boker....

upload_2018-8-5_15-13-27.png
    upload_2018-8-5_15-14-40.png

3. grey

grey AK Subscriber Subscriber

I received this Kershaw as a gift and it works well with light shorts and our 10 months of summer.

MaxxVolume and IPADave like this.
  4. bigx5murf

bigx5murf Super Member

They have bit replacement kits available. I've been carrying a wave for 15 years, replaced the bits twice in that time.

DeeCee likes this.
  5. bigx5murf

bigx5murf Super Member

cratz2 and MaxxVolume like this.
  6. MaxxVolume

cratz2 likes this.

Please register to disable this ad.

7. bigx5murf

bigx5murf Super Member

I tried to do a bit of research on it on some knife forums, and my god did this knife cause some controversy. All the way to the point someone got Crucible to admit they do export S35vn steel to China. The common consensus was that this knife was made by CH Knives, which makes another popular budget s35vn folder, the CH 3504. They could very well be one of the Chinese manufacturers contracted by Kershaw.

cratz2 likes this.
  8. MaxxVolume

Like many others, I used to look down at most knives coming out of China, but the last few years has seen a remarkable emergence of VERY high-quality knives from them. Companies like Kizer, Reate, Carson Tech, Stedemon, and others are turning out some seriously nice product at a very fair price. Made in modern workshops using CAD/CAM technology, super-premium blade steels (CPM S35V seems to be the current favorite), 3D-machined titanium handles (many nicely anodized). Nice stuff indeed !

bigx5murf, cratz2 and IPADave like this.
  9. IPADave

IPADave AK Subscriber Subscriber

My Chinese made Boker Plus Gent is an excellent EDC. It's not the country where a product is made. It's the company making the product.

-Dave

cratz2 likes this.
  10. cratz2

cratz2 Addicted Member

And there some off brand knives coming out of China that are quite impressive.

I have two Eafengrow branded knives from Amazon. One is an obvious knockoff of my Spyderco UKPK and one is an older school, woodworker type knife.

If the Spyderco knockoff had brass or copper bushings like the real one and a slightly different break angle of the clip, I'd like it equally as my Spyderco.

I think I'll grab one of those LA Police gear jobbies though it's a bit larger than I prefer.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2018 at 9:57 AM
    bigx5murf likes this.