Greetings from another Southern Tapehead!

Lapis Dragon

Hello everyone.. I just wanted to take a few moments and offer a humble introduction. I hail from the deep South USA and have a long established affinity for analog audio recordings and vintage gear. I am no expert but I have been listening to and recording music on Tandberg, Nakamichi, Marantz and Sony for 30+ years. My very first box ( which I still own) was a GE 3-5258 (goonie) and the last unit I bought was a Sony TC-D5. I look forward to sharing my on going struggle of maintaining my vintage electronics and treasure trove of cassette tapes.

I am here to learn new things and to help others by sharing what tid-bits of knowledge I may have acquired over the last 5 decades. It is not my intent to buy or sell goods and services. I say that only because my account was deleted on another forum due to some of my photos showing up as a red X and was mistaken as a spammer.

I look forward to our future discussions

Lapis

Last edited:
You came to the right place for additional knowledge with regards to audio. The pool of audio info here would surpass all other sites combined. Welcome to the jungle!

Hi Lapis and welcome to AK! You’ve come to a wonderful place. Enjoy your audio journey!

Back
Top Bottom