Greetings from Seattle.

djjauntyj

What's up, folks?

I just posted in the TT section, but thought it might be rude to not introduce myself, having seen that this section's here and all.

Been lurking on the AK forum for a while now and mining it for all the expertise laying around. This is chiefly because I tend towards old and cantankerous gear. In other words, the stuff that was decent in its day, has a ton of mojo, and is had cheaply, haha.

When I make music, I've got a modern Focusrite USB interface with nice preamps and some powered Mackie monitors for that. But when I spin records, its usually an old Technics budget belt-drive table through a ca. 1980 JVC A-X2 integrated amp and some KLH model 20 speakers. Warm and creamy, if a little tubby at times. I hope to find the matching T-X2 tuner for the amp... hell, there's only one radio station I listen to of my own volition (KEXP 90.3 FM FTW), so my reasons are as much about vanity as anything else. I just can't get enough of brushed aluminum, green LEDs and VF displays.

I spin a lot, though, both old and new vinyl. Most of the old stuff I play lately has been in the post-punk-new wave-synthpop sphere (playing now: The Teardrop Explodes, Kilimanjaro) But I did just play both sides of REO Speedwagon's Hi Infidelity on New Year's morning.

So, that's me! Thanks for allowing me to pick your brains, and I'm looking forward to more shooting the shit.

-- djjauntyj

Back
Top Bottom