Greetings from Sunny FLA

frado1

Wil
:yes:Hey Guys, new to this forum. Interesting bunch of Sansui fans. Looking foward to sharing past and present expiriences with you guys... My father was a radio and television repair technician with his own shop back in the 60's, and as I was growing up, he turned me on to the dawn of the Hi-Fi age through some of the cool equipt he would repair. He finally settled on an AU-7700, TU-7700, which to me was the peak of sound as I listened to Allison Steel spinning Iron Butterfly and Crosby, Stills, Nash, and Young on WNEW in the New York area on her night bird program. When I decided to break out on my own, I followed suit with an AU-719 amp but went with a Technics ST 9030 tuner. By the way I still have that beautiful TU-7700 tuner which still has the wonderful glow in dark sound room.
After almost 20 years of inactivity "audiowise", due to growing children, and a better half who grew up in a youth lacking music appreciation, I have the audio bug again. I have taken the dust off my old equiptment and sent out for repair the AU 719 to Terry Dewick to put the spirit back in the "BLACK BLOCK". I was very surprised to see so many Sansui enthusiasts after the company went south in the late 80's and 90's.
My present OLD,NEW stock consist of a Carver C-6 preamp, Sansui AU 719 and Carver TFM 15 amps, Technics ST 9030, Sansui TU 7700, Sansui TU 717 tuners, Dual 505 turntable packing A Stanton 881S cartridge, all pumped through a pair of Altec Lansing Model 14 transducers. Happy to say the sound is back, much to my wife's shegrin....LONG LIVE THE SPINNING PLATTER.

The Nighbird, Allison Steel, a name I haven't heard for a while.

Welcome to AK.

I live in Wesley Chapel, North of Tampa. I see we have 70salesguy from around Charlotte NC. I lived in Huntersville for 15 years prior to coming down to FLA.

I used to live in Huntersville for 15 years prior to coming to FLA. Great place and area to live in...

I used to live in Huntersville for 15 years prior to coming to FLA. Great place and area to live in...

Huntersville is a nice area as long as you don't have to drive into Charlotte on I-77 in the morning. Fortunately, I live west of Charlotte.

I used to work up in Crystal River and lived in Homosassa Springs, not very far from you.

Welcome aboard!

Back
Top Bottom