Greetings from the road!

The fireworks were better this year than last year, although the music wasn't as good. I forget to bring a camera. :no: I had a good time.

Now that the 6 day weekend is over, we can hopefully get back to working 5, sometimes 6 days a week. We did a nice, quick job today.

At some point soon, the green hornet is supposed to be traded in for a 2014 Kenworth quad axle or maybe quint axle. The bosses want to paint it hellcat green and it's supposed to be faster than the green hornet. Out with green hornet Sr and in with green hornet Jr. I'll keep y'all posted on that.

Tomorrow, the foreman is supposed to drive me to Lamar to get the trailer that broke down. I will have to pull it back with the red joke. We are supposed to head out early, but no specific time was given. Of course, 11:59 am is early to the bosses.

Well, the transmission in the green hornet is going. So, I am driving the mouse mobile this week. We are supposed to do the truck exchange this weekend which means I might be driving the green hornet 400 miles (644 Km) praying that the truck makes it to do the exchange. :confused:

Well, now that all of the nonsense seems to be over, I really hope we can get back to working 5 days a week.

While I am looking forward to the new truck, I am NOT looking forward to driving all that way to make the exchange.

The bosses are talking about going back to Midland, TX. They claim that an oil field wants the road going in paved. We did part of it just before leaving for Denver. We might be going Sunday. I don't want to go back to TX any sooner than mid October and I never want to see Midland again, not for all the fast dump trucks in the world.

Then, there's the matter of getting both trucks there and me being the only driver.....:mad:

...and lately, I have been having to drive the mouse mobile incredible distances over mountains. Meanwhile there's a line of cars behind me and boy do they love me as they follow me uphill at 5 mph and pulling over for them is NOT an option.

Sorry guys, had to vent.

Latest word on moving is that we aren't moving any time soon.

The truck exchange is off for now. The bosses found out that the truck that was supposed to replace the green hornet is not what the seller claims.

This morning, we woke up to rain. The bosses wanted me to drive to a plant near Colorado Springs to get loaded. It took my 2 co-workers and me calling the plant and hearing it was closed for the bosses to give up on the idea. Of course, we wanted to work, but what's the sense of driving 2+ hours (1 1/2 in a real vehicle) just to find out that they're closed? If I had gotten loaded, the asphalt would've hardened before we could have laid it. Tomorrow, it's only supposed to get up to 69°. Hopefully, they'll have me get millings. We might get rained out again anyway.

We didn't work Friday. The bosses announced that we weren't going to after we finished work on Thursday. The foreman and his fiancee took the kids back to Ohio so they can start school.

I spent most of the day downtown and saw "The Dark Tower ". It was a pretty good day.

Today, we moved to Colorado Springs or "the springs" as locals call it. We've been working the area lately and storing the trucks and equipment here. Makes life easier than riding 2 hrs with traffic in the foreman's pickup truck.

Of course, after we checked in, we were informed that this location is closing in 2 weeks as in October 1st. So much fun! :rolleyes:

This morning, the truck was in the yard and the foreman was in Denver sans vehicle as his pickup got rearended recently. We were unable to get a ride to the yard and Uber/Lyft wasn't an option. We ended up not working.

Not wanting to lose more work, I walked to the yard. Google maps said it would take 2.5 hrs. I did it in 2 hrs flat. Not bad for a guy who's older than dirt. Sadly, most 20 somethings couldn't do it and wouldn't try.

After getting that hunk of junk to the motel, I saw that the green hornet is here! "Happy days are here again..." :banana::banana::banana::beerchug::beerchug::beerchug::jump::banana::banana::banana::banana::jump:

We're on our way back to New Braunfels, TX. The trailer broke down in Amarillo (weird story) so, we're here for a week or 2 until it's fixed. We are supposed to work while we're here using the backup trailer.

Back
Top Bottom