Greetings from the road!

Yes, and I thought the captain would help me sleep. Instead, he woke up the goofiest part of my sense of humor. Mmmhmmm.....

Well you know sometimes that can happen !!

I use to call it the determining/amplifying factor, of course initial mind set is the lead in to the effect, desired, or otherwise !! :dunno:

Good luck with your attempts !!

Merry Christmas to ya, SJ!
May al of your travels be blessed my friend!

Remember to check those mirrors! :) :thumbsup:

Ole nine-speed retired Rome

The story of New Braunfels, TX for those interested.

New Braunfels was established in 1845 by Prince Carl of Solms-Braunfels, Commissioner General of the Adelsverein, also known as the Noblemen's Society (in German: Mainzer Adelsverein). Prince Solms named the settlement in honor of his home of Solms-Braunfels, Germany.

The Adelsverein organized hundreds of people in Germany to settle in Texas. Immigrants from Germany began arriving at Galveston in July 1844. Most then traveled by ship to Indianola in December 1844, and began the overland journey to the Fisher-Miller land grant purchased by Prince Solms. At the urging of John Coffee Hays, who realized the settlers would not have time to build homes and plant crops further inland before winter, and as the German settlers were traveling inland along the Guadalupe River, they stopped near the Comal Springs. Prince Solms bought two leagues of land from Rafael Garza and Maria Antonio Veramendi Garza for $1,111.00.

The land was located northeast of San Antonio on El Camino Real de los Tejasand had the strong freshwater Comal Springs, known as Las Fontanas, when the Germans arrived. It was about halfway between Indianola and the lower portions of the Fisher-Miller land grant. The first settlers forded the Guadalupe River on Good Friday, March 21, 1845, near the present-day Faust Street bridge.

As the spring of 1845 progressed, the settlers built the "Zinkenburg", a fort named for Adelsverein civil engineer Nicolaus Zink, divided the land, and began building homes and planting crops. Prince Solms would also lay the cornerstone for the Sophienburg, a permanent fort and center for the immigrant association.

SJJ, you should plan a trip to city hall parking lot between 8-12 on Saturday the 13th. Might be some goodies getting dropped off for the electronics recycling day.

SJJ, you should plan a trip to city hall parking lot between 8-12 on Saturday the 13th. Might be some goodies getting dropped off for the electronics recycling day.
I better not. I'll end up with more stuff to carry around. Got too much already. :D

My roommate/fellow driver came back a little while ago. He's an owner/operator and his dump truck has a big coolant leak in or near the turbo. Oh what fun.....:no:

Back
Top Bottom