Greetings + Salutations = Post

OccidentalDB

Hello everyone. I'm a relatively new audiophile, only appreciating the differences between real and lossy soundwaves for about two years. I listen to a variety of music, from eurobeat to trance to symphonic power metal to baroque to J-pop (primarily anime soundtracks, really) to heavy metal to synthpop to (insert prefix here)wave to some 80s pop to...mostly things in these areas. Other forms of rock and metal too. I'm rather discriminating in the rap/hip-hop and mainstream pop realms outside of songs that have specific nostalgic value to me. I'm falling in love with 24/192 audio, and finding that some 24-bit vinyl rips have a different quality I appreciate. Still, I'm not ready/rich enough to brave going down the vinyl rabbit hole just yet.

I run everything (audio, movies, video games, etc.) out of my computer which is convenient for FLACs, and another reason I don't want to jump into vinyl to further complicate my life. Currently my setup is a pair of Bose Interaudio 4000 bookshelf speakers (I bought them for 50 bucks from a used computer store when I was a normie, but they're better than you'd think for something with the Bose name on it), plugged into an Onkyo TX-800 amplifier ($15.15 thrift store special) running through the integrated audio on my Precision T5500 workstation, which surprisingly sounds better than the X-Fi sound card I found in it.

For portable, I'm currently using a Fiio X5 first gen DAP, and have HD650 (Blue Dragon cable), ATH-50 and Koss MV1 headphones, plus a Senn CX870 IEM. A better DAP, a portable amp, better headphones and better IEM are on the wantlist, but not as high of a priority.

I'm looking to drastically upgrade my setup over the next 1-2 years, spending substantially more on my new audio setup than I ever have on a car. Because that's just what you do when you have taste and priorities. :music:

:needpics:

Hi OccidentalDB and welcome to AK! Bose made some great gear. I enjoyed the 301 and those Interaudio are pretty nice. Vinyl can be expensive but it doesn’t have to be. I enjoy Anime too :thumbsup: Enjoy your audio journey!

Back
Top Bottom