Gregg Allman - RIP

Wow. Huge bummer. I love the Allmans. So glad I got to see them live when Gregg was still healthy. Gonna go great some to play next. RIP, Gregg. You will not be forgotten.

Damn too many are passing, and thanks to Apple Music he is playing in my ears right now.

Last edited:
Go find Duane and Butch and get your jam on, thanks for all the wonderful music and memories.

I know your no Angel, but that's ok being a rock God is enough...

Allman Brothers Band‏Verified account@ https://twitter.com/allmanbrothers

It is with deep sadness we announce that Gregg Allman, a founding member of The Allman Brothers Band, passed away peacefully at his home

Billboard said:

Gregg Allman, the soulful singer-songwriter and rock n' blues pioneer who founded The Allman Brothers Band with his late brother, Duane, and composed such classics as "Midnight Rider," "Melissa" and the epic concert jam "Whipping Post," has died at age 69, Billboard has learned. He was diagnosed with hepatitis C in 1999 and underwent a liver transplant in 2010.

He "passed away peacefully at his home in Savannah, Georgia," according to a statement on Gregg Allman's official website, noting that the family planned to release a statement soon. "Gregg struggled with many health issues over the past several years. During that time, Gregg considered being on the road playing music with his brothers and solo band for his beloved fans, essential medicine for his soul. Playing music lifted him up and kept him going during the toughest of times."

Thanks for all the music, Greg - R.I.P. !

Sad news to read. Very talented artist.

Spent many many hours enjoying his music.

Barney

Back
Top Bottom