Greta Van Fleet - From the Fires

Great young band from Frankenmuth, MI., they formed in 2012. The band consists of brothers Josh (lead singer) and Sam Kiszka (bass), their cousin Jake Kiszka (Guitar), and Danny Wagner (Drums).
Last spring we went to see The Struts in concert, and this awesome band warmed up for them. Greta Van Fleet is named, with her permission, after a local woman from their home town. They had an LP on iTunes, which I downloaded, and I've been hooked ever since. They now have an album called From the Fires that is available on Amazon. Many have compared the lead singer to Robert Plant, and there is no denying that there are similarities between their voices, but they are definitely NOT a Zeppelin cover or ripoff band. I can see a hint of Geddy Lee in his voice as well. They have their own material, and it stands up on its own very well. This is one of the best new albums I have heard in a long time. If you are a classic rock fan, I highly recommend you buy this album. Right now it is only available on CD and download, but they just released their EP on LP, so hopefully they will do the same with the album.

Song List:
1. Safari Song
2. Edge of Darkness
3. Flower Power
4. A Change is Gonna Come
5. Highway Tune
6. Meet on the Ledge
7. Talk on the Street
8. Black Smoke Rising

Any band that covers Richard Thompson's "Meet on the Ledge" is alright by me.

But I honestly thought the lead singer was a woman when I first heard them.

Back
Top Bottom